UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well the Damaniyats was cancelled and I ended up diving Three Cars, Meemo, Inch 10 and Car Cemetery 2.

Awesome visibility on Inch 10 this morning - in excess of 10M but I was shooting with the 60mm lens.

Temperature 24C .... hopefully a sign that the water is warming up :)

Filefish on the Inch 10 mooring

Hypselodoris kanga

Flabellina sp.
eating freshly laid eggs of a Hypselodoris carnae

Oman Hawkfish

Still cool at 23C today. Dived Deep Reef with Barracuda but abandoned 3 Cars due to ear issues.

Deep Reef was as good as ever with reasonable visibility. Lots of sea snakes around :)

Found a nice seahorse laying down pretending to be something else I think.

And a few small crocodile fish around

Air temps are doing up, it was 31C when we left Fujairah at 15:00, just wish the water temps would also move up to at least 25C and I can change out of my 7mm semi dry!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Did a few shore dives yesterday and found the usual plethora of Nudis. Also a frogfish on abandoned fish pots, Mimic and Coconut octopus were about.

image.jpeg

Back in UAE waters and after a month it has warmed up to 25C :D

Two dives with Barracuda - Three Cars and Meemo resulting in a nudi fest

Hypselodoris nigrostriata laying eggs

Janolus sp.

and still to identify this one which I think is a yellow speckled Polycera

Three day weekend, with two days of diving. Back over to dive with Barracuda Diving out of Fujairah Marina with incredible visibility on Deep Reef and more sea snakes than you could shake a stick at. In fact we had sea snakes on every dive including our night dive on Inchcape 10.

This one although not sharp was one curious with it's own reflection ..... or maybe it saw my eye :wink:

Loads of nudis on Three Cars, Inchcape 10, Car Cemetery 2, and Meemo. The only recreational site we did not dive was The Blocks.

Lots of tiny nudis mm in size

Herviella cloaca

Trapania aurata

Trapania japonica

Another Yellow Speckled Polycera

Loads more nudis spotted, over 400 shots to edit, going to keep me busy for a few days.

Great diving with great company, Kerstin, Simon and Philippe

Water temps 24C and air temps 46C

Gordon,

I have a former student traveling to Dubai to work for a while. He is AOW. Who would you recommend for recreational diving?

Michael

Hi Michael,

On the Dubai side "The Dive Centre"

For east coast though the diving is much better and lots of choice now as there are around 11 dive centres now from Dibba down to Fujairah town. I have been using Barracuda a lot recently as they are very UW photographer friendly, and no dive time restrictions like the others have .... none of this 50 minute / 50 bar rule, we usually have nothing less than 60 mins :D

Had a great 3 day trip into Musandam. Have to say the viz was probably the best i have seen up there for some years. Shame I only took the 105mm macro lens with me, would have been one of the rare times to have shot wide angle up there. Water temps around 26c

A couple of pics from the weekend

Lizardfish at Lima (no crop)

DSC_0192.jpg

One of the Octopus Rock seahorses

DSC_0167.jpg

Grey Moray

DSC_0064.jpg

Hermit Crab eyes with the +10 (no crop)

DSC_0215.jpg

Hi Michael,

On the Dubai side "The Dive Centre"

For east coast though the diving is much better and lots of choice now as there are around 11 dive centres now from Dibba down to Fujairah town. I have been using Barracuda a lot recently as they are very UW photographer friendly, and no dive time restrictions like the others have .... none of this 50 minute / 50 bar rule, we usually have nothing less than 60 mins :D
Thanks...I will pass this on to him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom