Hello fellow desert dwellers!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbramley

Registered
Reaction score
I have been lurking in the shadows for some time (ashamed) but am comming out!!! New to scuba diving and have a feeling I will be involved for a long time. Biggest problem, no real dive buddy!!! Did my open water cert in Saguaro Lake (about 1 ft viz) and loved it! Wierd I know, would love to see what lake pleasant is like. I live in Mesa and if anyone is willing to take a newbie for a dive, I'd love to go.

Dan

Hey Dan,
My wife and I are heading out to lake pleasant on Saturday morning around 8:00 AM. If you'd like to join up your welcome to. We are planning a depth in the 40 foot range, so we'll be below the thermocline for some period. I'm always looking for a dive buddy so let me know if you ever want to go out and I'll see if I'm available. I have a somewhat regular buddy now that lives in awhatukee and drives up about every other week to dive the lake and we wouldn't mind a third. I haven't been out to the lakes in awhile though- all my plans seem to keep getting interupted by things like work etc. I went to saguaro not to long ago though and the water looked much worse than pleasant, but neither have great viz. Have you done any ocean diving yet??? Where'd you get certified??

Tony.

If anyone wants to join up for the dive we'll be at vista point, probably between 8:00-9:00 am. PM me if your interested, I'll check back tonight.
Tony.

Well, went to the lake today, but didn't get to dive cuz my reg kept free flowin... I fixed it now though. That's whats great about the lake- much better to have it happen there then on on Cali dive trip. I'm going out again tomorrow (Sunday the 12th)
if anyone is interested.

Water level is so far down it's unreal! Vista point is no longer a quick drive up and dive in any more. Lot's of boats out today.

Talk to you later,
Tony.

Thanks for the Hello Tony, I was a little slow on the email this weekend (cut the Cable wire with the hedge trimmer). Got to love it!!! I would love to go anytime, the more the better. I have wed afternoons off and weekends. My schedule is kind of crazy... wife, 3 year old, house projects etc but with some notice I'm sure I could go. I have never been to Pleasant. From what I hear the viz is a lot better than Saguaro. That is where I did my open water dives. I dove in Jamaica several years ago as a "resort dive" I was hooked but in school at the time. I am going to San Carlos early in October then to Maui late in October.... you know a "busines conventiion" Next weekend I will be in Driving School (YeeHaw) but after that or Wed afternoon I'm up for a trip. By the way, how cold is it below the thermocline? Is a full 3mm suit okay? I don't chill too easy.

Dan

I forgot.. I can't go Sunday, I am committed until about 1pm. I bought a couple of maps of Pleasant and can not find Dirty Shirt on it anywhere? I have heard a lot of people talk about it. Where are the popular dive sites there? Can't wait to meet everybody.

Dan

Hubby and I got our certification this past April in San Carlos (Great Diving). Have been diving since at Lake Pleasant at least twice a month. Have done both shore and boat. The lake is so low right now that having the boat is really nice. Did dirty shirt for several dives and visability was okay (Never lost my buddy). Have recently gone towards the back side of the lake and found some fairly good spots. Been using a 3/2 suit down to 50 ft. Will be going again 9/19. You are most welcome to come along. Have you warn you we are early birds and get to the lake between 7 & 8 am so we can leave before the heat gets unbareable.

Sue

Thanks for the offer Sue. Let me check my schedule. Hope you don't me snoring on the way up!!? I live in East Mesa, if it works out maybe we can meet somewhere?

Dan

It would be better to meet someplace, probably at the lake, as we live in the Prescott area. Just let me know when you find out what your schedule looks like. We usually do 2 dives. Do you have all your own equipment and tanks?

Sue

I have my own gear. I am iffy at best on the 19th. My wife is having her wavefront eye surgery on Friday and she may still need some help. I have been so excited to go and when I get a chance can't. O well if I can't maybe next time? Still wondering where dirty shirt is on the lake, can not seem to find it on my map? It is possible I can get Mom (Grandma) to watch Madison our 3 year old but I had better see how the wife is doing first.

Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom