New Guy In Town

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jefferson Roberts

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just wanted to say hello, I am currently not certified but I am working with my local dive shop to get in a class. I have wanted to go diving for a while. Live semi close to the beach in North Carolina, and have been snorkeling a few time in the on cruises to the Bahamas. Would like to dive at some historic ship wrecks and reefs.

howdy and welcome from south Florida....

If you live near North Carolina, you live near some fine diving. But the main draw is off-shore wreck diving, which tends to be deep and best done on nitrox to extend your bottom time. So I recommend after OW you pursue AOW & NItrox cert.s.

When I was researching to make a trip out there, I found a lot of info., but scattered over several places. When I wrote a trip report, I tried to pull it together into a guide to help out-of-state folks like me plan a 1st trip. Your situation is a bit different, but the trip report might offer you something.

If you live near North Carolina, you live near some fine diving. But the main draw is off-shore wreck diving, which tends to be deep and best done on nitrox to extend your bottom time. So I recommend after OW you pursue AOW & NItrox cert.s.

When I was researching to make a trip out there, I found a lot of info., but scattered over several places. When I wrote a trip report, I tried to pull it together into a guide to help out-of-state folks like me plan a 1st trip. Your situation is a bit different, but the trip report might offer you something.

Well I am already doing my Nitrox cert. Just have to do my dives to get it done. Have to look in to the AOW cert soon. Then off to the ship wrecks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom