May 2016 Roll Call... ¡Vámonos!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mikey +3/May 28-June 4/Iberostar/haven't decided on dive operation yet, we've always used Dive Palancar and know everybody there, but have been wanting to try Dressel.....just because they are right there.......and have free nitrox

I don't see the wife (mrscorcoran) on the list, yet I stated we'll be there April 30 - May 7. Staying @ Allegro and Diving with Martin.
We have same itinerary, maybe same plane? 10:xx Houston? see you on boat maybe.

So, this is my first time diving in Cozumel. I'm very much looking forward to it (2 weeks to go) but I have no idea what to expect there. Anyone have some insight to share?

Think of something awesome. It will be better than that. Jump in, ride gently current, enjoy amazing visibility, rinse, repeat!

So, this is my first time diving in Cozumel. I'm very much looking forward to it (2 weeks to go) but I have no idea what to expect there. Anyone have some insight to share?
Wow. Let's see...

Warm, clear water. Temp in the 80's, vis typically 100' or more
Stunning coral formations.
Beautiful walls.
Abundant and diverse marine life.
Drift diving in current from barely detectable to YEE HA!
40+ (my estimate) dive sites within a 45 minute boat ride (in a fast boat) from anywhere in the central and southern hotel zones.
Wonderful, friendly people.
Lots of great restaurants.
"Island time".

The list goes on...

rules for First time in Coz:
Stay out of the bars, the Tequila is really good and may be habit forming.
stay out of the restaurants, guacamole is an aphrodisiac and may lead to child birth.
never go to the beaches, the sun may make your skin turn brown, or add vitamin D that leads to euphoria.
Drift diving is too easy and you will not get enough exercise, best to avoid it.
the people are extremely friendly, and helpful, smiling makes the unused muscles in your face hurt.
you will have to learn Spanish phrases like "donde esta el bano" and "mas cervesa por favor".
if you run across a bar called el fish, you may just lose an entire afternoon eating very tasty things and drinking cervesa with your friends.
you may have to tip your divemasters double for helping you with your heavy gear and smiling and laughing the whole time.

Guys, you just got me exponentially more pumped for this (and I was already excited before)! Thank you!

So, this is my first time diving in Cozumel. I'm very much looking forward to it (2 weeks to go) but I have no idea what to expect there. Anyone have some insight to share?[/QUOTE
I love Cozumel diving you can expect amazing visibility and much warmer water temps than in Florida ( I see you are around Miami) The drifting is also better than say Jupiter or West Palm since the current is a little stronger. My 2 favorite places to dive in the Caribbean are Grand Cayman and Cozumel, but the great thing about Coz is its so much cheaper than a trip to Cayman. I am also going in about 2 weeks and arrive on the 15th. I have only been there on cruise ships before but always great diving and lots to do on land as well and a 45 min ride to the mainland on the ferry takes you to Playa Del Carmen where there is lots to do on land also. Check out some videos on youtube of Cozumel diving for an idea and expect it to better than the videos when you get there.

Ok, so someone needs to update the master list. I am planning on scheduling the El Moro Dinner. About the soonest I can do it is the 16th? We don't get in to the 11th. They are closed Thursday. Friday I have the Rodeo de Lanches dinner and we are tournament fishing Sat and Sun. My mother is flying home the 18th, so it almost has to be be 16 or 17. I want to get the most people in town so I need to know which day.

Im finally going to be on the island for a legendary CVChief dinner at el moro. Im good with either night. Im hopefully fishing the tournament also with my compadre. My first time in the tournament. Looking forward to it- the dinner and the tournament.

Im finally going to be on the island for a legendary CVChief dinner at el moro. Im good with either night. Im hopefully fishing the tournament also with my compadre. My first time in the tournament. Looking forward to it- the dinner and the tournament.

We will see you at the Tournament dinner then Friday night?

Back
Top Bottom