Training/Diving buddy search in UAE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roman K

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,

I'm quite new to the board and happy to see there are quite a few divers in the UAE.

Since we recently got 2 GUE instructors in Dubai I'm looking for a group to join for the Fundies course. I was planning to do one over 2 weekends sometime during the summer (so the family can't complain) =)

We can get 2 groups of 3 divers at the same time - let me know if you are interested =)

Apart from that - I do dive reasonably often in Dubai (yeah, I know the vis sux, but it's a good training) - either with pavilion or thedive center - and am looking for perma-buddies - anyone? =) I'm Rescue myself with around 50 dives, but by the looks of it converting into DIR slowly =)

Cheers,

Roman

That'sgreat Roman, welcome to the dark side. I lived and taught scuba in Dubai many years ago. Daryl and Marnie Owens are in Dubai and are UTD instructors and could also be a good source for DIR divers.

There's a growing tech community here, although we always dive over on the east coast.

I rarely dive off Dubai these days, I do like to see where I'm going :wink:

Is there anything here apart from the U-boat worth going tech?:wink:

Yeah, it's usually rather good to see where you go but being back home by lunch time is rather beneficial as well :wink:

@Searcaigh will correct me if I'm wrong..

On the East cost there is also the Innes at 60-70m, in RAK the Energy Determination - superstructure starts at 30m sand at 90m, Off Dubai Wreck X and the Swift both at 40 ish m requiring Accelerated Deco training. I'm sure there are others.

I might be interested in a fundies depending on cost and time. Summer temps aren't conducive to surface skill sessions. I'd do the rec course as not interested in twins and tech. I'd also consider UTD. I'd like to understand the philosophy of both even if I don't find it applicable to my diving.

I dive DXB and East coast rarely out of desperation to get wet - I prefer the swirling currents and bigger sea life of the Mussandam personally, and don't dive commercial normally

The cost for Fundies is rather high (VERY high if you ask me) so I'm keen to talk to the guys in UTD as well. I'll be doing rec part as well =)

Anita at 80M

Coastal Technical Divers should have re-opened now, I believe Simon has the boat back in the water with new engines. Although mainly focused on rebreathers, CTD do IANTD courses for recreational trimix as well as Normoxic and Hypoxic Trimix which is as far as I want to go as rebreathers cost too much etc., plus the return on investment well .... I'll leave it at that, I just like blowing bubbles :D

Hi All,

I'm quite new to the board and happy to see there are quite a few divers in the UAE.

Since we recently got 2 GUE instructors in Dubai I'm looking for a group to join for the Fundies course. I was planning to do one over 2 weekends sometime during the summer (so the family can't complain) =)

We can get 2 groups of 3 divers at the same time - let me know if you are interested =)

Apart from that - I do dive reasonably often in Dubai (yeah, I know the vis sux, but it's a good training) - either with pavilion or thedive center - and am looking for perma-buddies - anyone? =) I'm Rescue myself with around 50 dives, but by the looks of it converting into DIR slowly =)

Cheers,

Roman

Dear Roman,

I'm interested if you get a Fundies course going. I'm in Dubai as well and also dive out of PDC. I'm diving BPW and in the process of moving towards doubles as well. Been out to SMB more times than I can count.

Been diving since 1986...

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris,

The only reason I dive with PDC is cause my wife and the little one enjoy the beach there while I'm out =) For summer I'll switch to thedivecenter.. I'd highly recommend it as Jason is much more tech oriented and dive everything other then SMB =)

I'll be contacting the UTD instructors and will post the info on both GUE and UTD courses here so we can the group.

I'm interested some sort of Fundies training with a goal of not going the tech route; I'm interested in improving basic techniques like finning, sharing air, etc.

Cheers

GJS (in Abu Dhabi)

Back
Top Bottom