Current Water Temps - Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oldbear

Teaching Neutral Diving
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Aloha & hello Oahu SBers,

I will be staying for a couple of weeks on Oahu starting in a few days. I am just curious what are the water temperatures on the popular dive sites so I can plan my exposure protection accordingly.

Thanks and mahalo...

~Oldbear~
:)

In case it takes a while for Oahu peeps to chime in here. I'm in Kona, which may be close to the same temps as oahu south/west shore. It's been running steadily 79 degrees at depth here for the past few weeks. But consistently its felt colder even on first dives. I've been wearing a 5mil on multiple dive days and have had moments of being very happy I didn't use the 3. On days when I'm just doing one dive the three has been fine in 79 degrees.
Jeff

Thanks guys...very helpful. It is 84 by my computer here in Kwaj so I normally use just a rash guard or a hooded vest. I broke out the 3mil tonight to do a buoyance/weight check (locally). I will bring both the hooded vest and 3mil.

:wink:

I wore my 3mm and hooded vest diving off Oahu last month and was comfortable. I saw a bunch of people diving in just shorts...no thanks!

Here in Kwajalein I normally wear either just a rash guard or the hooded vest (I like the buoyancy characteristics with my doubles the hooded vest offers me). But last night I wore my 3mm for the first time in a few years and I was chilled. I think I am going to try this one.

borat.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom