Best bug spray / mosquito repellant for Bonaire??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"I was being silently facetious."

I figured. After I posted I noticed that the thread (started in 2013) had been resurrected by shill.
Anyway, my experience with 2-undecanone has been added to the record for anyone searching "insect repellent" on Scubaboard

Never had much problems with bugs in Bonaire. Wife & I like Deep Woods Off wipes. Easy to pack (no liquid, no aerosol) and if we are just going out for a couple hours in the evening (i.e. dinner), we can cover both of our exposed areas with one wipe. I know sounds gross, but after 35 years we've already shared all of our cooties. :wink:

We haven't had a problem with bugs on our visits to Bonaire. That maybe more a rainy season issue.

I used a shea butter-based cream in the evenings before going out to dinner. I think this may have been a bug deterrent. My hubby did not use spray and did not have a problem.

If they had simply named DEET: Naturopel or Softasrain or something equally innocuos, this argument would not be taking place. It's all about the suggestive name.

We have found as long as ur blood alcohol content doesn't drop below 22.37% they leave u alone.

Is this the science behind the local field sobriety test?

The results might have more to do with even being aware of the bites, than of the bugs losing interest......
beerchug (1).gif

:drunks:

We haven't had a problem with bugs on our visits to Bonaire. That maybe more a rainy season issue.

I used a shea butter-based cream in the evenings before going out to dinner. I think this may have been a bug deterrent. My hubby did not use spray and did not have a problem.

I have to revise this. We just came back from Bonaire and we did have bug problems. We used Off Active (sweat resistant) in orange can.... only in the evening. My husband still got chewed, but he said he never felt a bite. I only had a few bites around my ankles. Mine looked and itched like mosquitos. His looked like sand flea bites or no see-ums, hundreds of tiny red pinprick-looking bites, but his did not itch.

I just read that Repel out performs all the leading products. I will test it out in a few weeks. I think someone posted a link from consumer products here. I have always been a die hard fan of Eau D OFF WOODS,( my local bonairean perfume ) but this trip I am going to try Repel. I will let y'all know what happens.

Back
Top Bottom