Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMG... Naked Troll! Naked Troll! Naked Troll!

I was at BHB on Saturday and came across this thing near the sunken foot bridge on the east side. Can someone tell me what in the world it is? I took video of it for a couple of minutes and it "flowed" (best way to describe vs. floated) along the ground, almost like a blob you'd see in a horror movie. I've never seen anything like it and would love to know what it is. It was creepy and cool at the same time. Thanks.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2016-04-04-13h30m24s036.png
    vlcsnap-2016-04-04-13h30m24s036.png
    485.4 KB · Views: 79
  • vlcsnap-2016-04-04-13h31m37s207.png
    vlcsnap-2016-04-04-13h31m37s207.png
    478.6 KB · Views: 82
  • vlcsnap-2016-04-04-13h32m04s680.png
    vlcsnap-2016-04-04-13h32m04s680.png
    465.1 KB · Views: 88
I was at BHB on Saturday and came across this thing near the sunken foot bridge on the east side. Can someone tell me what in the world it is? I took video of it for a couple of minutes and it "flowed" (best way to describe vs. floated) along the ground, almost like a blob you'd see in a horror movie. I've never seen anything like it and would love to know what it is. It was creepy and cool at the same time. Thanks.

It's an Atlantic black seahare, Aplysia morio. A type of marine mollusk related to snails but their shell is internal.

There was some discussion of this critter on The Blue Heron Bridge Dive Club on Facebook a couple days ago. Or, Google the animal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom