Shane Thompson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shane and Robin held a fun rebreather class for a friend and me. He was a truly a very nice guy. Almost everyone in the San Diego dive community knew him in some way. This is a tragic loss for us. We all send our condolences to his family.

Shane,

I did not know you before this last weekend, but we seemed to click immediately. You liked the camp chairs I brought--so comfortable, you said. I don't know what it was, but I liked you so much from the moment we met. I will never look upon those chairs again without thinking of you.

Saturday morning in the sleeping room, I lay there half awake, watching as the people from the first team scheduled to enter got up from their cots one by one. You were the last from that team, but I could still see how eager you were for that dive.

Sunday morning in the sleeping room I did the same, watching as the others got up one by one. I finally did, too. I sat on the edge of my cot and looked at the empty cot beside me. What was there to say? Today we were going to bring you home. Time to start.

Too much of water hast thou, poor Shane,
And therefore I forbid my tears.
Very well said! he will be missed deeply!

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family, friends, and team.
Be at peace.

JCG

Here is Shane between dives at the Blue Hole.

i-6stmDsv-X2.jpg

I read about this just after arriving here to Colorado. I didn't know Shane, but I am truly sorry for everyone's loss, and pass on my sincerest condolences.

Wow! What an incredible community- I'm sad I did not patch in until now- Thank You everyone for your kind words and fond memories of my brother. He was an amazing man and is missed.

"If you help somebody because you have a certain skill that can help them, wouldn't it be the right thing to do that?" Thompson said.

I did not know Shane Thompson, but this simple statement tells me a great deal about him.

My deepest sympathies to his family and friends.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom