Shane Thompson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reddiver970

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Condolences from Bad News From Santa Rosa Blue Hole have been moved here.

I was hoping it wasn't true....condolences to the family and friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
My former post was invalid with the others that followed.
Thoughts and prayers to the team and families involved.

JCG

Last edited:
My sympathy to the family and the team.

Shane,

I did not know you before this last weekend, but we seemed to click immediately. You liked the camp chairs I brought--so comfortable, you said. I don't know what it was, but I liked you so much from the moment we met. I will never look upon those chairs again without thinking of you.

Saturday morning in the sleeping room, I lay there half awake, watching as the people from the first team scheduled to enter got up from their cots one by one. You were the last from that team, but I could still see how eager you were for that dive.

Sunday morning in the sleeping room I did the same, watching as the others got up one by one. I finally did, too. I sat on the edge of my cot and looked at the empty cot beside me. What was there to say? Today we were going to bring you home. Time to start.

Too much of water hast thou, poor Shane,
And therefore I forbid my tears.

My prayers to Shane's family, team and friends. I didn't know Shane, but I know John and can sympathize and grieve with him...so sad.:(

Shane,

I did not know you before this last weekend, but we seemed to click immediately. You liked the camp chairs I brought--so comfortable, you said. I don't know what it was, but I liked you so much from the moment we met. I will never look upon those chairs again without thinking of you.

Saturday morning in the sleeping room, I lay there half awake, watching as the people from the first team scheduled to enter got up from their cots one by one. You were the last from that team, but I could still see how eager you were for that dive.

Sunday morning in the sleeping room I did the same, watching as the others got up one by one. I finally did, too. I sat on the edge of my cot and looked at the empty cot beside me. What was there to say? Today we were going to bring you home. Time to start.

Too much of water hast thou, poor Shane,
And therefore I forbid my tears.

boulderjohn, this is such a bittersweet memory. I am a non-diver, but my husband and Shane dove together and we have been friends for over 15 years. Thank you for posting this, anyone who knew Shane understands exactly how you feel. I'm sorry for the team's loss and my deepest sympathies to Shane's family. He touched many lives and I know many are feeling the shock and sadness that we are.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom