Bad News From Santa Rosa Blue Hole

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reddiver970

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am hearing there has been an accident at Blue Hole. I don't know for sure what has happened so I won 't poste a name but apparently there has been a fatality. Anyone else hearing anything?

The only one in the Rocky Mountain region , Santa Rosa

My apologies, I accessed your post under "New Posts", without looking at the region.
I hope that the initial rumours are inaccurate and that it turns out the diver in question is ok.

I am logging in briefly just to get the basic facts straight and stop the avalanche of rumors I have encountered elsewhere.

Yes there was a single fatality, and it was a member of the cave diving team. The cave has been sealed back up again and will almost certainly never be opened. There is no reason to go in there.It is a deep and dangerous path to nowhere.

Oh, crap.

They were trying to open a passage, so there were large rocks being moved. Not a common sort of thing though not unprecedented. No idea what happened or if that work was related to the accident.

I am logging in briefly just to get the basic facts straight and stop the avalanche of rumors I have encountered elsewhere.

Yes there was a single fatality, and it was a member of the cave diving team. The cave has been sealed back up again and will almost certainly never be opened. There is no reason to go in there.It is a deep and dangerous path to nowhere.
When you say "the cave diving team", the last team I was aware of was the ADM team lead by Curt Bowen. Same team?

And I was hoping it wasn't the ADM team, because I probably know whomever it was. Interesting this has not hit any other news outlet. Sad, my condolences to whomever it was.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom