Dive Assure no longer offers coverage of you are diving within the U.S.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
This came up on a long going thread comparing DA & DAN, but I thought it newsworthy enough for its own thread...
Dive Assure no longer offers coverage of you are diving within the U.S.
That little tidbit seems hidden on their site https://app.diveassure.com/#/registration/main/process/,3/int/0/7073/en until you try to sign up for local and international dive coverage, then you get this pop-up...
Due to recent changes to our programs, our diving accident coverage is available for diving outside the United States. Coverage for local diving is currently not available. Please proceed with the registration process if you are looking for international diving coverage. Please contact customer service for assistance if you have any questions. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

Maybe they are trying to put themselves out of business.

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving!Our programs with domestic coverage in the United States will be available again soon. We are working on a new set of programs with great features to cover both local diving and diving abroad. We apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing at the moment. Our programs with international coverage, both diving accident programs and dive-travel programs are available on our website. As always, all programs offer primary coverage and our dive-travel programs include comprehensive travel insurance in addition to full diving accident coverage. Please contact us with any questions.Happy Holidays!

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving!Our programs with domestic coverage in the United States will be available again soon. We are working on a new set of programs with great features to cover both local diving and diving abroad. We apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing at the moment. Our programs with international coverage, both diving accident programs and dive-travel programs are available on our website. As always, all programs offer primary coverage and our dive-travel programs include comprehensive travel insurance in addition to full diving accident coverage. Please contact us with any questions.Happy Holidays!

I planned to carry this insurance starting this year and found this thread while trying to understand why no US policies are being offered. Since it is now over a month after you stated coverage would be available "soon" perhaps a little more detailed timeline is in order.

I contacted Dive Assure about a month & a half ago. They said they were within 2- 3 weeks of offering some coverage & would contact me, so that I could renew. Well,... a month & a half later, I have heard nothing & wound up going with DAN's premiere policy, because of an upcoming dive trip.

Last edited:
I'm still going to keep my hopes up that something filters down the pipes back down to my level again (diver, non-instructor). The weather in San Diego's been so bad, diving-wise, that I haven't been diving here and have been without dive insurance for a good 6mo+.

Dive Assure's policy is primary where DAN's coverage is secondary and triggered after your primary is exhausted or non-existent. Dive Assures loss of domestic coverage is going on a year now. My policy expires at the end of May 2016 thus I will need to soon make a decision.

Dive Assure's policy is primary where DAN's coverage is secondary and triggered after your primary is exhausted or non-existent.
They made a big deal about that marketing aspects even tho it's false. Terms vary state to state but if you read the exclusions carefully, they won't pay when there is other coverage either.

Back
Top Bottom