Need immediate weather relief for deep dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boulderjohn

Technical Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Two students will be in Pompano Beach this week, having flown in for trimix instruction. That's a lot of expense just to get in town here. The weather looks to be bad. There is a chance the boats may not get out for a single scheduled dive. I know the weather is not going to be a lot better anywhere else, but can anyone recommend a place within reasonable striking distance where we can get technical diving depths during this week?

What class/How deep? That ESE wind is a bugger. Dean's blue hole? Nassau? I'd take you to the Vandenberg, but it's a crap forecast for here too. What about 40 fathom grotto?

40 Fathom Grotto but it's $200/day/person, no freebies for the instructors. And if you aren't a Grotto Guide then you must hire one of theirs. :idk:

Looks like it's going to blow here too.

What class/How deep? That ESE wind is a bugger. Dean's blue hole? Nassau? I'd take you to the Vandenberg, but it's a crap forecast for here too. What about 40 fathom grotto?
I need the last dive of the PADI Tec 50 (130-165) and all of the trimix dives (progressively deeper with ranges from the deep 180s to 300).

That's the Wilkes Barre here. I have the gas, the boat, and the time. And the rentals (one set of SM, many sets of BM, but I could easily split some doubled down). Sadly, the forecast looks as bad here as I'm sure it does there.

You know for the right price, someone will run in 7 footers for a private big boat - 3 people and sit out there waiting on deco. You just have to make some calls and front the 4XL money. Emerald might(?) do it.

Capt Van of Narcosis out of west palm will run in heavy seas. He's the last boat to cancel

Heavy seas (5 to 7 is the forecast) and drifting deco are not a good mix. Sometimes its just better to call it a day and go to the bar.

That sounded good to me, so I gave them a call. They don't allow scuba diving any more.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom