Mares Hybrid Pure.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aeroza

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey

I'm looking at getting myself a Mares Hybrid Pure.
Has anyone used these BCD's?
Any good, quality?

Cheers.

Our shop just got some in the other day. After looking at them, I'm tempted to use one for a teaching BC (my old Balance's bladder ruptured). Likes: rear inflate, back suspension system & the BP/W style belt (will allow me to carry my canister light easier), cam band placement allows for better balance of cylinder weight. Dislikes: It has the lower cam band for the cylinder with trim pockets, that puts ALL your weight (dumpable & non dumpable) around the waist, pulling the lower body down. I prefer to be perfectly horizontally trimmed out. I saw the cam band can be raised a little & bring the trim pockets up a little closer to my shoulders. The BC is a little busier looking in the front than my Balance was, but not too much. I have not tried one out yet,.... these are just my observations, but may get one to replace my old Balance.

I have no probs using it. It folds very well in a carry on bag!! Love the trim weight...

Thanks guys, will probably be getting my hands on one in the next couple months :D

Back
Top Bottom