Fiji: Our thoughts and prayers are with you

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nope. Power is still out to most of the country right now. I am sure that as soon as they can get generators online or mains power restored, all the resorts will be updating their FB or Twitter accounts to let everyone know what's going on. People who had been in contact via mobile phone are now out of contact because their batteries have finally died and can't recharge until power is restored. I'm afraid it's just a waiting game at the moment. If you booked through a travel agent, you should probably get in contact to find out what your options are.

Thank you. Praying the people of Fiji will make it through this trying time. It is there home it is just a vacation to us.

Any news on the Fiji Siren?

Any word on how Wananavu Beach Resort faired?

Bula. My name is James, my girlfriend and I are the managers at Dive Wananavu at Wananavu Beach Resort. I wanted to let you know that we fared very well. We got very lucky and didn't sustain major damage like most our area did. Our boats and dive shop is all in perfect condition. Most of the guest rooms are already back to normal and minor repairs have started on the ones that sustained damage, mostly just rain damaging some power outlets.

We have already started accepting guests and plan to take the boats out and check out the condition of the reefs in the next week. We will update our Facebook when we have more news and you can always email us at diveshop@wananavu.com.

Thank you to everyone for the thoughts and prayers, we were truly blessed.

While my heart is broken for the people of Fiji, I have to be pragmatic. I saved for 2 years to go on a 40th wedding anniversary trip...Do I want to try to go ahead with a fun filled vacation while many of the people in Fiji are devastated. I would spend the entire vacation feeling guilty. So it is with a heavy heart I will rebook some where else. And keep Fiji on my bucket list.

While my heart is broken for the people of Fiji, I have to be pragmatic. I saved for 2 years to go on a 40th wedding anniversary trip...Do I want to try to go ahead with a fun filled vacation while many of the people in Fiji are devastated. I would spend the entire vacation feeling guilty. So it is with a heavy heart I will rebook some where else. And keep Fiji on my bucket list.

There are large portions of Fiji (southern part of the island, Beqa, etc..) that the effect of the hurricane aftermath was dealt with using just a rake to clean up a few leaves and fallen palm branches and everything was back to normal in just a day or two. In actuallity your presence will be more appreciated now than ever before, without tourists the locals who work at these resorts have no jobs and no income, they want nothing more than to return to normal as fast as possible, but without guests they have no jobs to go to.

In actuallity your presence will be more appreciated now than ever before, without tourists the locals who work at these resorts have no jobs and no income, they want nothing more than to return to normal as fast as possible, but without guests they have no jobs to go to.

This is very true. If resorts don't have income they can't continue to pay the staff. You will be amazed at the joy of the Fijians to see tourists returning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom