Fiji: Our thoughts and prayers are with you

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow...25 days until we are supposed to be there for 2 weeks....My thoughts & prayers.....

Hope you have travel insurance...

I have friends there right now in Tavenui, and some places have been completely decimated.

Be prepared for the possibility your resort may not be open. Power is still out in most places, but get onto them as soon as you can.

We are headed to Taveuni in a couple of months. Bucket list dream trip for the wife she is on pins and needles.

Hope everyone is ok but it looks like Taveuni took a direct hit and that was a huge / powerful storm.

if you hear updates from your friends it would be interesting to hear what is going on.

We are going to the Coral Coast....In the reports they said the southern areas got off lightly, but with the storm surge I wonder what the reefs will be like....I can't imagine they didn't get smoked......Thank god for travel insurance...Now here is to the hope they are upstanding.....

Judging from the pictures in the link that Dave_Lucas provided, I would cancel any plans to dive their soon. God bless the Fijians!

Yikes! Prayers go out to the people of Fiji and other affected areas. We are (supposed to be) headed to Taveuni in a month. Not a good sign when your resort shows up in the devastation photos.................

The plan was to go there in 2 weeks...making other arraignments now. Breaks my heart to see those pictures. Prayers for everyone in Fiji!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom