Crushed neoprene and neoprene drysuit rings for dry gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark Michaud SELAUSAR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have 2 DUI CF200 crushed neoprene drysuits and 2 / 7mm Neoprene O'neill drysuits. Are there rings made to use for dry gloves? All 4 suits have neoprene wrist seals.

I have Viking Classic rings in my viking heavy duty suit and the gloves that go with it. I really like that and would like to find something for neo suits. Everything I read seems to lead to suits with latex wrist seals. Thanks Mark

Not sure what your trying to get at here but I have a crushed neoprene bare drysuit with the sitech qcp glove system I love it I have silicone wrist seals but I can also use latex wrist seals as well

Not sure what your trying to get at here but I have a crushed neoprene bare drysuit with the sitech qcp glove system I love it I have silicone wrist seals but I can also use latex wrist seals as well

I thought I was clear. I have neo and crushed neo suits that have neo seals. Every add I see shows the rings systems on suits with latex seals. Nothing addresses if the ring systems, (which ones) will mount on neoprene suits with neoprene seals. I want to be able to add dry gloves. Your answer is what I see in the adds. Can someone, who actually knows, tell me which system is made for neo suits and neo seals. If there are none that would help too. I don't want the dui set up. The sitech or viking type is more of what I am looking for.

I have never heard of a system that uses neopren wrist seals sorry
Why is it that you want the neoprene seals
The nice thing I like about the si tech systems is that seals and gloves are quick and easy to change

I hope this helps my cuffs were installed at my lds and he taught me how to change seals I love the qcp system since I have bigger hands you don't notice the large rings tbh I wouldn't buy their oval system as it can be very temperamental to get the gloves to line up properly

Yes, you can use any of the dryglove systems with neoprene seals (if your smooth skin is on the outside of the seal). Just make sure you use the proper ring. A problem that can result is the rings crushing the neoprene, and then forming and indent into the neo that will never come out or stretching it in that area. The neo will take that shape and hold it forever. You also have a risk of tearing the seal as it compresses and the internal color ring can cause a nick in the neoprene.

You can use the Viking classic, or as we call them Rubber pullover system:
Rubber Pullover Dry Glove Rings

If your smooth skin is on the inside of the suit though, I find you do get some weeping and won't fully be dry. If the smooth skin is on the outside of the seal, you shouldn't have any issues (meaning you normally have to roll the seal in to be dry).

You can also use a glove like this and not have a ring system:
Drygloves with Seal

There is a British company that makes a set of drygloves for Neoprene suits. You can fit and remove the kit as required.
Northern Diver dry glove system.

(If I've done this right you should have a link)

They are not as easy to use as the sitec system but quite functional. My girl friend used them successfully in Iceland.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom