Apeks tx50 2nd stage diaphragm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Guys, Airtech actually has a couple of my regs right now...when they call me I am going to ask them about this one and see if they will send me a couple of diaphragms when sending my regs back or if they think i should send them in,Which I might do anyway..Collin, the diaphragm in my primary (TX50) and octo (TX40) are both warped...the pictures are an accurate representation of what they both look like..The leak went away as i turned the 2nd stage cover and took pressure off the lever...once the cover was off and I saw the problem I adjusted the lever slightly and the reg worked fine on the next dive....Just kind of weird for them both to look like that ...I was just wondering if someone out there made diaphragms that were concave for some reason or if the cold warped them ,which i kind of doubt being that they didn't return to flat when they warmed up.I wouldn't think a tech would put them in looking like that but who knows....they have worked fine since the last service ,about a year,and i dove them for a week in the keys in nov with no problems but this was the first cold water dive i used them on since the last service.

would be better to drive up there and pick all of your regs up if you aren't too far away as you will want the second stages readjusted so they breathe properly.

Im in Lenoir.....About 3 hrs from Raleigh.....I might consider that..Thanks!

with gas as cheap as it is, it is worth heading up there, Dave et al are super cool. Bring your gear *sans wetsuit, their pool is wicked hot* though so you can jump in the pool to make sure they all work like you want them to

[QUOTE="Just kind of weird for them both to look like that ...I was just wondering if someone out there made diaphragms that were concave for some reason or if the cold warped them [/QUOTE]

I have seen that before, usually that happens when somebody uses too hot water for cleaning or the diaphragm had been stored in a really hot place for a while..............

The original membrane should look like this...
820406-ap2023-apeks-2-stufe-membran-1.jpg

I have never seen a warped diaphragm like that but I would suppose that a hot car might be enough to soften it and then when it gets hit by the blast of cold air from the tank that might be enough to set the plastic.

Ya...the diaphragm in both 2nd stages look nothing like the OEM... I never have cleaned my gear in any hot water....lukewarm soak after keys dive in november was the last soak they had..I did try putting one of the diaphragms in hot water to see if it would become pliable but it did not...I wish I would have pulled the cover off after last service to see if they were like that new but never thought about..I am just going to have them serviced a little earlier than usual and be done with it....I'm not going to dive any equipment that I question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom