Raja Ampat: Arenui vs. Damai II vs. Mermaid I

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The best answer will give you someone who dived on all this boats)
I was on Raja with Mermaid II (not Mermaid I) and was happy with their boat service and diving. I'm not advertaize Mermaid, but extra 2K is a extra big difference. IMHO
p.s. just remember about park fees, nitrox price and all extra costs on any of this boat.

These were exactly my questions so please keep the info coming! I am looking for a once in a lifetime trip to celebrate 30the anniversary (32nd of diving together-had to make sure she loved diving before I married her). Trip date 2018

@wildbill9 I've been harassing nearly everyone on this board for secret intel :) The boats with the most rave reviews seem to be Arenui, Damai II, and Dewi Nusantara.

Congratulations on your anniversary! This looks to be the perfect yacht for a special occasion: http://alexaprivatecruises.com/

If anyone has chartered the Alexa, please do share!

These are all fantastic boats , we loved Mermaid. Work on the premise that you get what you pay for....all those years diving together warrant abig splash out surely !

Apparently blue Manta is amazing and each buddy pair will have their own guide.

Apparently blue Manta is amazing and each buddy pair will have their own guide.
To be honest, we're currently normally at four to one and the target is three to one. Finding enough of the right guides has held us back so far at the start.

1. Which liveaboard feels the least crowded underwater?
Damai will carry fewer divers, but not by much. I doubt you feel crowded on any of them. Mermaid has a max of 15, Damai converted rooms and could take as many as 14 if the trip leader room is taken. Arenui has room for 16. The Dewi is 18 and the Blue Manta is 22.
Also to be fair, the Blue Manta takes 18 guests, rather than 22, on normal trips. As with most the other ships mentioned, we will allow more on a charter. The ship has 28 beds spaces in 14 cabins but still only takes up to 22 guests (including the FOC agents) on charters. The other beds on all trips are set aside for guests who want very inexpensive single supplement cabins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom