Which Belize liveaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ontwreckdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Aggressor seems to be the only liveabroad in Belize, are these 2 of their better boats or are they floating wrecks like the Carib Dancer is or was? Which boat would you recommend as my non diving wife is going with us. She went with us on Blackbeard's (loved it) the crew blew up her inflatable lounge and tied it to the back of the boat for her and took her snorkeling while we dove. One of our group though that hammer heads migrated thru Belize, is this right? Thanks

While I have been on neither, while I was at DEMA this past November I made the decision to book what was then called the Sun Dancer. I think now it's called the Belize Aggressor IV. It's the larger of the two boats and if there are two folks sharing a cabin, the beds are on the floor level so no one has to climb in a bunk. I think both get great reviews but from the folks who I know that have been on both, they preferred the "Sun Dancer" boat.

The Sundancer was my first liveaboard. I absolutely loved the trip. While at dock I toured the Aggressor III, it looked like a very nice boat, though a little smaller. I am booked to go back in July. I have also been on the Carib Dancer. The crew and boat were fantastic. We did have an A/C break but they put back into port and fixed it overnight. In my opinion the situation could not have been handled better. It is a boat and boats break. I have only heard of one group having trouble with the Carib Dancer. If memory serves, they had had trouble on other Aggressor trips too. I have chalked it up to some people aren't happy unless they are complaining or getting a handout. My advice is to not hesitate to use Aggressor and don't have a preconceived notion that you are going to have trouble. Go looking for a good time and find a good time.

Both boats have had the same owner for a few years now. Consider the itinerary identical. And weather.

The Sundancer is substantially larger and has rooms above the waterline. The crew are all long time employees. Jerry is the best chef in the caribbean. We have been on the Sundancer many times and look forward to our next return.

That's good to know giffenk as I chartered the entire boat!

I have made two trips, two years in a row, on Belize Aggressor III; have not done on a trip on the former Dancer / now BAIV....I can highly recommend the BA III boat, crew, and diving.

So have been on both recently. Aggressor IV has just been refitted and updated again. You will love it! Aggressor III is also a real nice boat. Both have great captains. Can't go wrong with either. If you prefer to have your fins put on and taken off for you then take Aggressor IV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom