Cleaning Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

babycover

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I know this topic have had many many discussion, i did the search but none of the topic mention the below so i create a new one:
when I put my regs in for service, the guy at the service shop advise me that you should put some dish washing liquid (Morning Fresh) in the tub and soak the regs for 1-2 hour then rinse with clean water and dry. the regs will look brand new.

I did hear about special liquid to clean reg or just simply soak it in water. However, i would like to try something if it recommend by an expert ( the service guy)

what i did after every dive is just saok it in warm water for 1-2 hours and then hang it until it dry completely.

Have any one try it before? did you blow soap bubble after you done it (joke) ?

I sometimes use a bit of soapy water to soak my gear. Just rinse well. I also clean my mouthpiece with toothbrush and toothpaste from time to time. I don't want it to get any mold on it.

Detergent removes lubricant. It may look pretty, but it will require more frequent service. A good soak in clean fresh water is best.

Clean fresh water is the best and is really all you need; my rule is if I wouldn't drink it, I will not soak my regulator in it... well, I often drink coffee, and sometimes beer and wine, hot chocolate too... but they would probably not be good soaking agents....

Oh, never mind.

Fresh water is the ticket. :wink:

Best wishes.

Detergent removes lubricant. It may look pretty, but it will require more frequent service. A good soak in clean fresh water is best.

So someone that makes money servicing regulators recommends detergent so they need more frequent service? :D

I am in agreement with the majority - soak in good old fashioned clean unsalted H2O. I wouldn't let soap anywhere near my regs nor anyone that suggested such an idea.

seem like all in favor of soaking in warm water for 1-2 hours. However, i do notice a bit of salt on the edge of the mouth piece or a bit of white color on the purge button? How do i get rid of it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom