What's the weirdest/most unexpected thing in your dive bag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thumb.php

I was going to post bottle of lube for drysuit seals but condom catheters is a definite close second.

Depends on what you consider ...

PDB
Condoms
Bungee
Tent pegs
Tap water
Zip Ties
Various things to make things sticky
Various things to make things not sticky
Garden sprayer
Table
Chair
Tarps
Floor Matts
Dive Shop

**Gasp** Dive gear?

BRad

Can it take the weight of full gear and your body weight when you try to stand up?

Yes, It will sink in the sand a little, but not too much.

Also, is it something you can buy from the market easily or is it something you made for yourself?

It is a commercially available ($19.95) folding cane I bought at CVS (a common USA drugstore). The handle was removed and the PVC T replaced it. That was done to shorten it enough to fit into my pocket.

I laugh that I'm so old that I need a cane (which amused divers that know me), but it really is a very useful piece of gear.

Depends on what you consider ...

Bungee
Tap water
Zip Ties
Various things to make things sticky
Various things to make things not sticky
Garden sprayer
Table
Chair
Tarps
Floor Matts
Dive Shop

**Gasp** Dive gear?

BRad

Let's see.... all of the above, 2 sets of dive gear, and definitely the dive shop. Sounds like me too.

I think the 'weirdest' thing about my kit is my mobile dive locker:

full

full

full

My folding cane. It goes in my thigh pocket and comes out on the slippery boat launch at Pt. Lobos or if I end up on my knees in the sand.

Wife and I could have used that in Bonaire last time. Angel City looks so benign, but kicks our a** every time. We keep going back 'cause it's such a pretty dive.

Jolly Ranchers for the post/between dive yuk mouth. What's a few cavities among dive buddies...:)

Back
Top Bottom