An old Texas Swamp Divers T-shirt...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, my, friends! I miss you all! Diving in Coz next week. :D

I do have to point out that even after all those Swamp events, I don;t believe I've ever actually met the elusive Foo. If I remember it correctly, I did meet some of the junior Foos, but never the Foo herself. Does she actually exist? Or is she just a legend?

Reactions: Foo
Foo isn't a myth as much as she is goddess. :)

Pete, if you ever wander through Texas and give us a little advance notice, I bet we could keep you entertained.

Pete, if you ever wander through Texas and give us a little advance notice, I bet we could keep you entertained.
I will, but you guys keep me pretty entertained right here. :D :D :D

I look forward to the day I can finally worship the Goddess in person :cool:

I still see some of the Swampers. sealskin98 , I'll see Firefyter tonight , ZzzKing even stopped by my place. I hear from ScubaTexasTony and sometimes, Richerso, Texdiveguy, DownUnderJen, Kunk35 and Rhonda, Zinc.....
Man, I can just smell the wet neoprene.
The Foo's I have not seen in quite some time.

Ahhh, to be remembered! Zzzz, thank you for recognizing me as a goddess, so few do! I miss you all and would welcome a reunion soon! We could go wet or dry, either would be great! The Foos have still been diving, but have not been locally much. We took a once in a lifetime sailing trip in the Florida Keys last summer, stopping and diving at various sites in the upper keys. But we had some excitement Dec 16, when Papa Foo had a heart attack while driving his work truck. We were leaving on a family Christmas cruise five days later, so grateful he was not on a ship in the Caribb when this occurred. He has been stented and pronounced good as new, but is still easing back into reality. Please pray for his continued recovery. His cardio Dr does say he can dive again*!! Bo, I was at the windy event at Lake Travis (poor Firefyter will probably recall helping me get my gear down all those steps as I was recovering from knee surgery). I did not camp out, opted for a hotel, but I did partake and thought I remember meeting you there. All the baby Foos are doing well, btw. Maybe a camp out at CSSP this spring? The Prowler is alive and well, Frank, but is used mainly at the deer camp these days, and we have another rv we can camp in at the pond. Miss and love you all!

There is no Circle of Knowledge quite as entertaining as a Swampdiver's. I yearn to consult the BONES again. Everyone throw a date out and let's see if we can swing a shindig? April 30 or May 14? I'll need till then to fit into a wetsuit.

Frank had some bad news recently regarding the passing of the Gypsy Girl. I think he said a big tree limb fell on her and caved in the roof or something like that.

Natalie and I would be up for a diving weekend. The water may be a little warmer in May. Devan can come along too and you can meet him.

Hope all the Foos are doing well!

Foo - We will most definitely keep Papa Foo in our prayers for a speedy and full recovery.

I was going through sone old threads from that campout and I did notice both you and I were on the attendance list - and it all came back to me. I believe we did actually meet. I can only assume that I was so stunned at having an audience with the Goddess that I assumed it hadn't really happened ... yeah we'll go with that instead of just old age and brain decay ....

My business travel has been seriously cut back (I'm in the oil business - enjoy those low prices while you can - its killing us) so a Swamper reunion up north in the spring would definitely fit my plans ... as long as there's a hotel nearby - I don't camp.

May 14 works for me. April 30 would also work but May is easier.

Back
Top Bottom