An old Texas Swamp Divers T-shirt...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any chance of contacting Mike?

Sure, you just did. :D

Oh, if you're talking about TexasMike I haven't heard anything about him in years. You might pm Tom (TwoBitTxn) and see if he knows anything.

Yeah, I meant Texas Mike. I emailed him and I know he was working for his father at a salvage yard.

Yeah, that's the last I heard...he was helping take care of the family business and it was time consuming.

TwoBit may be your best bet.

I still have several Swamper Tees. All of em are just worn to death and ratty looking.
When I put one on all I have to do is close my eyes and sniff and I can smell the lake.

Ah yes, DIMWIT. Doing It My Way In Texas. :)

Frank or Mike, it's getting hot. I need to get in the water.

Oh, my, friends! I miss you all! Diving in Coz next week. :D

Hey Foo! I guess someone will resurrect this thread once every six months or so. I took the kids to Broken Bow last weekend and we stopped by and visited with Frank for a little while on the way back home. It was good catching up. He occasionally sees Sealskin98 and Firefyter around Gay Paree.

I'll resurrect it after only 2 months ....

Still have all my Swamper Shirts - The DIMWIT set and the Special Edition set with Timeliner's "Good Viz is Overated" line on the back. I even have my official Texas Swamp Divers membership card, signed by the one and only Jen Idol, back when she was just a local diver.

The remnants of the Austin group are still around (barely ...) and our little sub group (The Oak Hill Divers ...) are in Travis every weekend, year round, rain, cold or shine.

After 2 years of disappearing water, Travis is full and spectacular. Come on back down and join us!

4 minutes later, I will do that. My little girl just finished her pool dives for junior open water. We are headed to some warm Mexican water for spring break something she can get her open water dives in.

Remember last time you saw her she was probably about 4. I recall trying to survive tornado conditions at windy point. :) Timeliner's tent just about blew away with him in it.

Remember last time you saw her she was probably about 4. I recall trying to survive tornado conditions at windy point. :) Timeliner's tent just about blew away with him in it.

I remember that weekend! Those were the days. My "little ones" are moved away and married now. I'm to sure if any of the old Swampers ever met my diver son Stephen - I think he was off to college by the time the Swamper campouts were happening. Well he's going be a dad - we're expecting our first grandchild in 3 months. Enjoy every single minute of your time in the water with your daughter - it goes by sooooo fast.

Come on down to Travis after suffering in Mexico. There's some sort of dive karma that must be satisfied by her diving at Windy Point with the Swampers. Perhaps she can launch the next generation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom