Buddy Dive Resort question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They don't have individual lockers. They have an area down by the dock that gets locked at night, but we never ended up using it because we didn't feel comfortable with that. Instead, we would bring our gear back to our room after we rinsed everything and let it dry on our patios.

Used it(the area down @ the dock) & it was fine....but, as someone else said, did bring my camera & computer back to the room nitely....

Last edited:
We typically leave bc, weights, mask, fins/booties in the gear room with no problems. That said, my weight belt (my own, bright teal with my name all over it) walked off the second day last trip, never to return. I think an instructor with a group needed weight, grabbed it and kept my belt. Or someone needed the nice stainless buckles and weight stops, hate plastic buckles. Never leave little stuff - lights, slates - or expensive stuff - computers, regs, cameras. Those come back to the room between every dive.

Sorry state of affairs. I suspect that most of the thefts of gear are diver on diver crime.
I leave my mask, fins, weights snorkel in the gear room, but always store BC, regs in the room at night. Why look for trouble.

Another problem is space on the wet suit racks. They get full pretty quickly and wet suits are crammed together really tightly making it impossible for them to dry out. (No air circulation). Bring a foldable hanger and hang your stuff on the hooks on your balcony. I left nothing except weight belt and weights in the locker room.

Google: xs scuba folding wetsuit hanger

I also use one of these: xs scuba BC Hanger

On the locker discussion, you would think some dive destinations would put more thought and effort in this area. At Capt Don's the lockers they have are small and some in need of repair. It is great to have the lockers but they are stacked so if you get a bottom locker, you get the water dripping down from above. At least 10% are in need of repair. I did see someone looking at them on my last trip that looked like a carpenter or contractor inspecting and taking notes. Hopefully for repairs. Capt Don's set up is pretty good down by the water - dock, with rinse tanks, dedicated camera rinse tanks, showers and lockers but they could use more drying areas in the sun, especially for suits/layers between dives.

Where we were staying at Coral Pardise, they were just putting the finishing touches on secure outdoors locker area with rinse tanks showers, plentiful drying racks open to the sun and private lockers for each room. The storage area is locked and you can lock your private storage lockers. The storage lockers were well thought out, amply ventilated, about 6' by 3' with a top shelf, hanging bar with two sets of dive hangers, one for suit one for bcd.

There have been lockers at the drive thru. You should be able to secure gear there.
I always use the room at the dock and never had a problem. Off course I put all my gear in a mesh bag not laying around. Many times I have seen fins,boots,mask on a hook or on the floor. Cameras always go back to room. Going back in May 2016.

I saw the lockers under construction in late October. I will update the situation as soon as I can after I arrive in 9 days. I have used the room for everything but electronics without issue.

Did I mentioned that I arrive in Bonaire in 9 days? :)

At DEMA last November, I asked Buddydive about lockers and they said they were under construction at that time. I always take a lock to Habitat and I expect one will need one at Buddy's.

Where?? We have been there 3 times and there were not individual lockers.
Umm in the gear room..November 2015

At DEMA last November, I asked Buddydive about lockers and they said they were under construction at that time. I always take a lock to Habitat and I expect one will need one at Buddy's.
What he said

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom