Buddy Dive Resort question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ddavin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can I hear from someone that has been to Buddy Dive. We are going later this year and are wondering about dive lockers. Do they have lockers? Do we need to take our own locks?

They don't have individual lockers. They have an area down by the dock that gets locked at night, but we never ended up using it because we didn't feel comfortable with that. Instead, we would bring our gear back to our room after we rinsed everything and let it dry on our patios.

There are no lockers. There is an open gear room with pegs for gear and bars/hangers for wetsuits.Weight belts go on the fkoor beneath. The room is nominally locked at night, with keyed access, but people routinely leave it open, hence there are occasional reports of thefts (I've heard of 3-4 in 28 trips), so some take their regs/computers to their rooms at night.

Never stayed, but if there is a common complaint (and there are not many) that I have seen posted over the years is the gear room at buddy's and the lack of lockers. People have complained about the lack of lockers and things getting misplaced, lost or otherwise.

Even when we stay/use a place that have lockers (for example Capt Don next door), we bring computers, cameras, expensive lights back to the room at the end of the day.

we bring computers, cameras, expensive lights back to the room at the end of the day.
Yes, 29 trips, totaling 33 weeks, over the course of 16 years, all to Buddy Dive. I always take my computers cameras, lights back to the room. Would do that even if there were a locker.

Thanks y'all! The Buddy Dive person that booked our trip said they had lockers, but I didn't think so....

When we were there in November, they were building individual lockers. Now I can't say how they will be utilized or if you are permitted to put your own lock on them. We simply did as others suggested and brought our gear back to the room. The shower is a good place for regs, wings, etc. We hung backplates and wetsuits on the pegs outside of our room and never had any issues.

When we were there in November, they were building individual lockers. Now I can't say how they will be utilized or if you are permitted to put your own lock on them. We simply did as others suggested and brought our gear back to the room. The shower is a good place for regs, wings, etc. We hung backplates and wetsuits on the pegs outside of our room and never had any issues.

Where?? We have been there 3 times and there were not individual lockers.

No lockers - ask Gypsyjim about what happens to stuff left in the public area.
Gypsyjim's loss is one of the maybe 3-4 I've ever heard of. So it happens, but not often.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom