Honduran Immigration Pre-Registration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So this pre-registration may get you through immigration faster just to wait on the bus in the parking lot for everyone else staying at the same resort:rolleyes::p

Seems like the only way this will speed up the process is if you are NOT staying at a resort.

Good points. Thanks for the update.

So this pre-registration may get you through immigration faster just to wait on the bus in the parking lot for everyone else staying at the same resort:rolleyes::p

True, but you can be drinking a cold beer or soft drink while you wait for the others :D

I would much rather wait for the bus than in the immi line.
Yes! The chances are the AC is better, though i will say the last 3 or 4 times the terminal has been comfortable.

Once through immigration, I can wait for the bus with a cold beer in my hand.

Once you get to the glass doors to enter the airport building, have your Pre- registration forms in your hand, and tell the person at the door directing traffic that you have done the Pre-check. They will then put you in the line for Pre-check, families with children, residents, seniors, etc. That line gets priority with the immigration agents and they try to get it through as quickly as possible. Saturdays and Mondays are the busiest this time of year, and we don't know until the doors open if we will be using the finger printing method (biometrics) or the paper form. It all depends on how close together the planes land and if we have time to use the biometrics. You go through immigration ONE PERSON AT A TIME, unless you are handicapped and need assistance, or if you have children under age 12 with you. Even then, they want one adult with the kids. Please know where you are staying, how many days, etc. because they may ask you, and you can't be hollering at your wife in the other line to ask her where you are staying. There are people in orange vests there to help you with any questions you may have.

I did the pre-registration. I couldn't find a button to translate into english so I just called up a translation site in a seperate tab and copied and pasted what I didn't understand. It was pretty easy.

One thing. Once you create a logon you have to wait for a confirmation email and click a link before you can log on. That took overnight for me.

[Another thing - I only got a confirmation that my pre-reg was complete. Where/how do I get the pre-reg forms?] Never mind. I found it at the bottom of the form when I logged back on and looked at my information. Use the banner that comes up at the top and not your browser print function.

Last edited:
We did the pre-registration and went through immigration on the way to Coco View on Saturday, Jan 30, 2016. We flew in on United from Houston and I learned some lessons. 1) Our flight was full and they had a 737-900 for an aircraft. United had lanes set up for group boarding in Houston. We did not realize that the lines were forming in the group lanes long before the flight was called. As a result we were at the end of the line in group 5. When we got to the door, "No over head space left". The person in front of me balked at putting her bag full of camera gear in the hold. The stewardess put her bag in a near empty bin in first class. I figured good for her, good for me. Not so. I then proceeded to row 30. In Roatan they use two doors to exit. I swam against the tide to get back to my bag in first class. Not fun. 2) We told the stewardess when she was passing out the immigration forms on the plane that we had pre-registered for immigration. She handed us the blue form (health questionnaire) and said it was all we needed. This is not true. We had to fill out all the forms. My wife held up her forms outside the door. The came and got her and took her to the express area. She then had to fill out the forms but went through very quickly. After I came out of first class with my bag, I went looking for my wife. Did not find her. I had read here about going through the local line. I went through what I thought was local entry and found myself at baggage claim. I went to an immigration staffer and she took me to the express area and gave me the forms to fill out. Zipped through immigration once I had the forms. They did not finger print me or take my picture. Patty (Dockside Diving) told me they do not do it for the Saturday flights to speed up the line. Baggage seemed to arrive in the claim area much faster than I remember but there was a long line at bag x-ray. Coco View was just on the other side of the x-ray for us to drop our bags. Seniors in our group were also moved to the express area even if they were not pre-registered. Aside from my own self induced issues, the overall process is much improved and pre-registration (with completed forms) is highly recommended.

They did not finger print me or take my picture. Patty (Dockside Diving) told me they do not do it for the Saturday flights to speed up the line. Baggage seemed to arrive in the claim area much faster than I remember but there was a long line at bag x-ray. Coco View was just on the other side of the x-ray for us to drop our bags. Seniors in our group were also moved to the express area even if they were not pre-registered. Aside from my own self induced issues, the overall process is much improved and pre-registration (with completed forms) is highly recommended.

Good info!

Interesting about the fingerprinting and picture. We arrived on Saturday the 9th and everyone was fingerprinted and had picture taken.

Headed to Roatan in a few weeks. Got set up on the pre-reg site so I'll give it a shot. I'm assuming I need to pre-reg me and my wife separately so we'll see how that works out. I'll definitely report back on my experience after our trip. Thanks for the info!

Headed to Roatan in a few weeks. Got set up on the pre-reg site so I'll give it a shot. I'm assuming I need to pre-reg me and my wife separately so we'll see how that works out. I'll definitely report back on my experience after our trip. Thanks for the info!

Pre-reg worked like a charm as we were through immigration in about 5 minutes when other folks had to wait for what looked like 30-45 minutes. One major tip though...make sure you PRINT out the form you fill out and have it with you, it'll make life much easier. We still got photographed and fingerprinted, but no big deal. Express line was definitely the way to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom