Honduran Immigration Pre-Registration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When we went last April there was a line out of the building and about 30 minutes to get to the immigration counter. Not really bad but it was hot in there.

We went through the airport in Roatan on our way to Utila in September. Immigration lines were outside the building. Took well over 1 hour and they are fingerprinting now. Pain in the butt!

I created an account and that worked fine. It looks like it only works within about 5 weeks of departure and I'm further out than that so I will try again later. I do note that from what I could see it looks more like a survey than an entry process. Anyone have any insight into what the end result is and whether anything different happens on arrival? An expedited line, perhaps? For me, cutting any time off of the entry process would be great, but I am inclined with the skeptics at the moment.

There is a line for residents that seniors (over 60) like me (non residents) can use but when I get there, there are usually 2-3 planes landing at the same time and all lines are used by everyone last year I spent over an hour trying to get thru immigration, I was told to print out all of your info after you register with all flight info etc and hand it to the person who is there guiding you through the glass doors and they will usher you toward the front...I did see this happening last year but didn't know the reason....BUT.... again I would get my panties in a wad if it doesn't happen...but it never hurts to try

I got no email from CCV. I'm going there starting Feb20. Anyone know if this is something I should pursue?

This is in part what the email contains. It probably is worth your while if there is a chance it will facilitate things at the airport.

Let us know please.

"Honduran Immigration: To preregister with Honduran Immigration please visit http://prechequeo.inm.gob.hn register with your email address and select 'Pre-Check' in the upper left corner and complete the required information.

PASSPORT NOTICE: Honduras currently requires that passports have 6 months validity remaining"

We just got back. We were on Roatan 1-9-16 through 1-16-16. Line was about 20 minutes but our plane was delayed out of Houston so we arrived right behind the AA flight from Dallas.

So this pre-registration may get you through immigration faster just to wait on the bus in the parking lot for everyone else staying at the same resort:rolleyes::p

Seems like the only way this will speed up the process is if you are NOT staying at a resort.

And yes you now get fingerprinted arriving and departing. The process actually seems to be improving from previous years and every immigration agent had a trainee with them so it appears they are increasing staff to improve the flow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom