The "Mistery Schooner" in the Connecticut river!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Rick, I think the deepest was 20 feet. Not a deep dive but still very interesting. I enjoyed it!
Look for the name of the park in the video, then look at the photo I attached here and the red spot marks the location.. It's in the outskirts of Hartford. After you dive it you can drift dive down to the dock too.... Defenately take a dive flag with you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 153
Cant open the video ??

Nice video. How do you find this wreck and how deep is it? It doesn't look much beyond 10 ft.
Hi Rick, I think the deepest was 20 feet. Not a deep dive but still very interesting. I enjoyed it!
Look for the name of the park in the video, then look at the photo I attached here and the red spot marks the location.. It's in the outskirts of Hartford. After you dive it you can drift dive down to the dock too.... Defenately take a dive flag with you!

Quick question - we want to dive this site this Sunday - coming from NJ.

Fiddler - did you swim upstream rather than drop off the wall? Is that the best approach? If it is raining this week - will that completely mess up the viz? It was interesting the nearest LDS had no idea the site was here...

Rich - if you want to try it we are going to give it a go on Sunday 9/4 - don't have a time yet but you can message me - shooting for before noon time (traffic dependent)...

HI BRD, You kind of need to dive up river to get to it... you can only drive up the park road for a bit then it is closed-off. The swim is really not that bad and then you will have fun drifting back down. I think the weekend is supposed to be nice, but if it rains don't bother. Visibility will be really bad! Follow the image I posted above and you should be able to find it no problem. It's close to shore.

So finally I made the trip - a video of the Mystery Schooner...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom