Caye Caulker Diving & Accommodations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi There,
I'm currently in Mexico and will be traveling to Belize (Caye Caulker) - I'm on a bit of a backpacking budget, and am looking to spend a few days in Belize on a visa run to come back to Cozumel (where I've been living for the past few months). Any ideas of good - off the beaten path places to sleep and dive on Caye Caulker?

I tend to stay at hostels while on CC. Inexpensive and fun. I tend to use Yumas, it's right beside the water taxi dock, and Suzanne keeps a tight ship (as well as overnight security), so there is very little issues during your stay. Private rooms available too. The 'dorms' are 2 bunk beds, and a lockable personal dresser drawer.

Diving wise, I head out with Belize Diving Services. Not the cheapest by any means, but they have lockers, nice boats, great staff and gear.

My vacation budgets favour the diving side, and the rest, as long as I get enough liquids, Fruits/Veggies/Protein, and a place to sleep, I'm very happy

There are also other places too that are marginally cheaper. Some exPats have guest rooms/houses for rent as well. There are other dive shops on the island. I haven't used them, but have had friends say great things, is a shop (can't remember their name) almost at the south end of 1st street (Playa Asuncion) & the last road towards the east (Aventuera).

BRad

We were happy diving with Black Durgon Dives, located on the main street next to the Happy Lobster

Back
Top Bottom