In Process: Closing classified ads?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm looking at my watched threads and I don't have the edit button.
You might have to look in the forum list view itself - that's where I copied that from.

You can't edit a post after a short period of time, a day or two. Wish we could.
The edit window for all users is currently set to 24hrs.

The edit window for all users is currently set to 24hrs.
Then this really isn't a solution to the original question that was asked. More often than not it's going to take longer than 24 hours for something to sell.

So can we or can't we close our own classified threads, like we used to be able to do?

I wasn't replying to you on that but DIY which is why I quoted his post. The 24hr. edit window is to make changes to your post content.

You can close your classifieds threads anytime in the future like you could on the old site.

Turtle, help me test this out. Go post a test thread in one of the classified forums. Need to see if we can change status after 24 hours on a new thread.

Reactions: Jax
Can we still close threads in the Classified section? Thought on the old site design it was under Thread Tools. Can't locate similar function with the new design. Maybe I missing it?

Thanks in advance...

I wasn't replying to you on that but DIY which is why I quoted his post. The 24hr. edit window is to make changes to your post content.

You can close your classifieds threads anytime in the future like you could on the old site.

Sorry I didn't catch that.

How do you close your own classified?

I don't see anyone to do it on any of my old threads or on a new test thread that I just posted.

TC:
Turtle, help me test this out. Go post a test thread in one of the classified forums. Need to see if we can change status after 24 hours on a new thread.
Just posted a new one. I can confirm that even on a new classified post, there is no way to close it. Thread tools is there, but close is not one of the options.

Back
Top Bottom