Do You Remove Battery From Your Dive Computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ontdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My last dive was in late September and I won't be getting wet again until April. I haven't removed the battery from my Luna in the past during the "dry season" (aka Canadian winter) but was curious whether I am out of sync with other divers.

No

No, never have.

I'l make sure there is a good one in it for storage. Sometimes i might check it.

Keep in mind, some may "brick" if left w/o a battery, or if the battery dies. Also, a leaking battery is the kiss of death....

I have considered using a rechargeable for storage, but a new healthy battery has worked to date.

YMMV

Liquivision - yes (before it became a permanent resident in my spare gear box)
Shearwater -no
Scubapro - no

The LV would drain the battery in short order, no such issues with the other computers.

Yes I remove my bottom timer battery, but followed shortly by a new battery when the old one is ready to be recycled. The $4 for a new battery is negligible.

BRad

I do not like to open the battery compartment unnecessarilly. So the battery is taken out, only when fully drained.

I only remove batteries to replace them, thus they stay in (shearwater). I still have the old (no gold) "connectors" on my Petrel 1 and only use SAFT batteries. Never had issues since day one.

Last edited:
Petrel: For storage of two months or more, yes, I remove the AA alkaline battery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom