Happy Birthday Pete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Responsive sites are great for a lot of things.
The biggest benefit is with SEO. Google and the other web search engines don't like serving non-responsive sites to phones and tablets. This will make it easier to find info on SB when you're on vacation.

View attachment 356782

View attachment 356783 Here is an example. A screenshot of the responsive site and a screenshot from tapatalk of the exact same thing.

Which one would you rather use if you were here to talk about scuba diving from a mobile device? Not to mention that it was damn near impossible to post these images.

The biggest benefit is with SEO. Google and the other web search engines don't like serving non-responsive sites to phones and tablets. This will make it easier to find info on SB when you're on vacation.

I love the idea of having a responsive site. And I agree it is much better for your SEO more and more Google is preferring mobile friendly results for mobile devices. Scubaboard is already an amazing resource and authority on the topic of scuba diving. You can't (nor would you want to) do a search on gear, training or technique without getting a scubaboard result (this is a good thing and amazing thing and not just opinion MOZ SEO agrees https://moz.com/researchtools/ose/l...chor_id=&anchor_type=&anchor_text=&from_site=)

Losing tapatalk is annoying in my opinion that is all. And I hope you can find a way to do both things. Thanks for the reply Pete I appreciate it either way.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PETE.

Where are all the emoticons?

View attachment 356782

View attachment 356783 Here is an example. A screenshot of the responsive site and a screenshot from tapatalk of the exact same thing.

Which one would you rather use if you were here to talk about scuba diving from a mobile device? Not to mention that it was damn near impossible to post these images.

Too bad you can post images that are too big for the screen and require scrolling. This used to be a huge problem with pictures in the old days

Happy Birthday @NetDoc! New site will take a little getting used to but all in all I think it was a great transition, kudos to the team.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom