Using a whites fusion without the suspenders?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crunchiespg

Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a whites fusion tech. A friend of mine just had his spring a leak from where the suspenders pass through the sewn on loops at the front. The pulling of the suspenders has torn along a seam on that front section. Plus his loops tore open many dives ago.
So im thinking of just taking my suspenders off. I run them totally loosened anyway so I can't say they do anything for me.
Is there any issue with just taking them off?

I don't have a Whites, I have a Bare but the first thing I did was take off the suspenders. I also didn't see any advantage to them. When I have the suit partially off (or partially on depending on whether you're an optimist or a pessimist) then I just wrap the arms around each other by crossing one over the other like tying a knot but not tight and it stays put just fine.

YYMV.

R..

One of my Fusions doesn't have suspenders. The only downside is if you have to walk around a lot on the surface with the suit unzipped. The suspenders keep it from ending up around your knees.

Ok. They are gone. I'll be diving again tomorrow so I'll report any negatives. I think it will actually allow more stretch around the upper legs and be better all round.
On the surface it's either on or off so I don't care about that. It seemed like too much stress on the stitching to wear it hanging on them anyway. As shown by my friends tearing at that point.

plus I don't like how they hold moisture making it hard to dry out the inside of the suit.

Great. I threw them in the trash. Other than having to hold the suit up when half on there are no negatives.
Its easier to get the suit to fit smoothly, easier to manage the air in the suit, easier to put on and off. Much easier freedom of movement around the upper legs. The suit isn't pulled into tight spots.
And no danger of the suspenders damaging the suit from all the weight hanging on the small stitched on tabs.

Ha ha, I have had a Fusion for about 6 years, and took them off day one. I barely fit into a LG/XL with my height, and with them on it didn't fit well. The 2XL/3XL was out of the question as I'm 200lbs and no where near as big as it needs. It's not going to hurt anything, but the suit will sag a little. It's never been a big deal to me, I just pull it up.

Glad it worked for you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom