Jan. 3, 2016 Porteau Cove (Vancouver-area) photos/report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Damn, I don't know if it's your camera but the visibility looks amazing (for Porteau)! Maybe it will be worth it to slap some snow tires on and make the drive up for some wide angle.

Viz like that you should have been able to see the sailboat from the Centennial. Nav there has always been a PITA for me. The map they provide at the site is almost a detriment to getting around. If i ever get time, and a willing buddy, i want to make a REAL map of that place.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

---------- Post added January 9th, 2016 at 11:54 PM ----------

Best way to find the sailboat is to follow the hose. Sailboat is down grade from the hose just before centennial, (if following the hose from the first white buoy).
Personally i think that boat is boring. Never seen anything there worth mentioning.

The map shows the sailboat sitting right next to (and parallel with) the Centennial. So it's actually nearer to shore? I didn't notice a fire hose. After looking for the sailboat next to the Centennial, I followed the tires from the Centennial back towards shore to the leaning tower. I didn't see the sailboat along that route either. The rest of the official dive map seemed pretty accurate to me.

No. It is farther from shore. I would say the bow is in line with the stern of the centennial. The hose goes from the first buoy closest to the breakwater, all the way to the centennial. If taking this route, the hose makes a left turn around a small heap of tires, and shortly after, the sailboat is sometimes just visible to the left.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom