Exploring Cayman Brac's Abandoned Divi Tiara Beach Resort (Video & Photos)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So sad to see a place I really liked crumble. My favorite memory of a stay there was doing a night dive just an hour before a hurricane hit dead center on the island. You could see it coming with a line of solid lightening. You could dive with no lights, as the approaching lightening lit the water.

After the dive, we barely made it into the cut and literally surfed in with the boat. within the next hour, the hurricane hit. I sat at the window and watched the incredible lightening light show. There was little damage, other than lines down, and we resumed diving with almost no interruption.

Divi was a nice resort and I still treasure my photo Divi polo shirt.

We didn't Brac until after Paloma so I have always seen the resort as a derelict; it is so sad to see how beautiful it was at one time. Wonderful video, excellently done and very moving!

My wife and I went there for our honeymoon and 1st ever dive trip 20 years ago. Sad to see what it has become.

Back
Top Bottom