What is your New Years Diving Res?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Z Gear

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
This next year I am definitely going to do my best to do the following:

I will do my best to stop losing more gear.
I will do my best to not forget my gear.
I will do my best to blog less and "DIVE" more :rofl3: !!! (OK maybe I'm pushing this one a little).
I will try and really master my neutral buoyancy skills.
I will wear and show off my spit fins with great pride.
I will slow down when filming.

This next year I am going to do my best to give back and be a part of something more than money or me. Something that helps bring happiness to others who could use our help. I am talking about DIVE HEART. If you love to dive and you want to do something that really brings out the best in you as well as gives others hope and joy then start your new year like a champ. Just call Jim or visit their site. I did and I am really glad I did it.

My most important New Years resolution is to be a part of something other than my self.
DIVE HEART will be a great start for me. To begin helping others who really need our support, to discover and find joy through diving!!!

Happy New Year!!!

Frank G

Last edited:
I was thinking about this one. Here is what it looks like:

PLACES I PLAN ON DIVING:

1. Passamaquoddy Bay, Eastport Maine. I will start a thread to get people to do this when the time is closer but this is supposed to be one of the best cold water dives in the world.

2. Cape Ann / Gloucester MA: Another shore diving destination that I plan on hitting.

3. Great Lakes wrecks: I do not know which ones or where but will figure that out.

4. Cape Hatteras

TRAINING

1. Hope to finish Essentials of Tec
2. Want to start DM this year.
3. Want to do Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures.

GEAR

1. Looking to invest in a set of doubles with BP-wing set up for Great Lakes
2. Looking to get a bottom timer / tec computer

No international trips this year because all the above is pretty $$$

Not really a resolution, but I hope to keep up the current pace while I'm still able to....Think I'm going for 2016 dive #1 tomorrow (wet, water was 43F last week). This sort of mayhem will not go on forever.

Not really a resolution, but I hope to keep up the current pace while I'm still able to....Think I'm going for 2016 dive #1 tomorrow (wet, water was 43F last week). This sort of mayhem will not go on forever.

Nice way to start the year!

I guess I did forget something on my bucket list for this New Year!

Captain Sinbad touched on it , it was diving destinations.
I really would like to make it a goal to go and venture out to other areas and make at least one if not more different diving destinations!
That would be really great!

Frank G

Lose some weight (holiday bloat) and get back in shape.
^^ diving more helps with this^^
Too much work last year and not enough play.
Dive more.
Get back into the plate business to satisfy demand - finally there's demand again.
Dive more.
And then when I'm done diving, dive some more, anything will do, I'm not picky.
Make it to Florida to dive and meet a few fellow SB'ers
International trips are off until further notice, so Socal here I come.
Do a Monterey dive charter boat.
Find new dive buddies.
Introduce my nieces to freediving (they have expressed interest in abalone diving).
Work on getting a boat.
Get a 10" ab.

That's a start.

as it remains unfinished, complete deco cert. & helitrox cert.....

oh, and get one of the plates above,,,,,,,

Got back from the New Year's dive. 45 minutes, 42 deg, 45ft.
A LOT more comfy under water than on the shore! Only 28F, but the wind! Plus I didn't bring gloves to wear while removing wet frozen gear.
Thank goodness for the nice heated change room, though by the time I got there my fingers weren't working and taking off the drysuit was a challenge.
I thought maybe I was being wuss not doing a second dive, but I noticed that nobody else was either.

This year
I will continue to work on air consumption since I really can't afford a rebreather or the training to use one.
:depressed:
I will continue to improve my trim and bouyancy. Getting there but still not at fundies level yet
I will continue to work on a decent frog kick in spite of the damn hip replacements
Probably get a new drysuit with a forearm dump since no matter how I work on flexibility, I still can't reach the exhaust valve on my Fusion with more than one or two fingers.
Get rid of the "holiday" bloat, (that started a few months before the holiday)
Stop carrying 46lb of lead to the dive site when I KNOW I only dive with 26 at most, (damn bag is heavy)
Most of all, continue to celebrate being a septuagenarian healthy enough to do all this!

Got back from the New Year's dive. 45 minutes, 42 deg, 45ft.
A LOT more comfy under water than on the shore! Only 28F, but the wind! Plus I didn't bring gloves to wear while removing wet frozen gear.
Thank goodness for the nice heated change room, though by the time I got there my fingers weren't working and taking off the drysuit was a challenge.
I thought maybe I was being wuss not doing a second dive, but I noticed that nobody else was either.

This year
I will continue to work on air consumption since I really can't afford a rebreather or the training to use one.
:depressed:
I will continue to improve my trim and bouyancy. Getting there but still not at fundies level yet
I will continue to work on a decent frog kick in spite of the damn hip replacements
Probably get a new drysuit with a forearm dump since no matter how I work on flexibility, I still can't reach the exhaust valve on my Fusion with more than one or two fingers.
Get rid of the "holiday" bloat, (that started a few months before the holiday)
Stop carrying 46lb of lead to the dive site when I KNOW I only dive with 26 at most, (damn bag is heavy)
Most of all, continue to celebrate being a septuagenarian healthy enough to do all this!
Just curious, how do the hip replacements affect your legs and kicking? Any issues with packing tanks and weights?
I'm asking because I'm headed that way myself.

Back
Top Bottom