HOG din to yoke adaptor users ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Have you guys had any issued with the din to yoke adaptor on Hog regulators? I was wondering how reliable this set up is. I was told that you can get away with it occasionally but the adaptor is an additional failure point and should only be considered in the form of a "quick-fix" to unforeseen situations rather than a dependable alternative to a dedicated yoke regulator. I am also concerned about the regulator sticking out a few inches and banging against my head. Has anyone had that problem?

Nope, nope and nope. I use the Hog adapters while traveling so up to 20 dives at a time. Doesn't really stick out that far....if it does....you can lower the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jax
Same here. I use the hog adapter when I use my regs for pool classes. One thing you don't want to do with any brand is leave them on the reg all the time. Especially if you dive saltwater.

I use it all the time and haven't had a problem. I haven't found any DIN valves in Japan yet but I can order Faber steel tanks and Pro-valves for about $2,000 each if I want.

I'll stick to the DIN-to-Yoke adapter. :wink:

what Jim said, there is no issue using them regularly, but it is important to remove them when you store the regulators. I personally choose to use a dedicated regulator, or swap one of my din regs to yoke if I'm going to be using yoke for the long term. It definitely sticks out enough to be annoying...

No problem with my adapter however I know the D1 is available as yoke now so there is a conversion available if you dont want to go the adapter route just convert.

No problem with my adapter however I know the D1 is available as yoke now so there is a conversion available if you dont want to go the adapter route just convert.

Ya, I bought a D1 yoke, for just in case.

Back
Top Bottom