PADI Divemaster Test?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

padi0013

New
Reaction score
What to expect on the PADI Divemaster Test?

I am studying for the test now and would just like to know what to expect when I take the written test. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a guide by Joe Diver in the Going Pro forum in Basic, but it is for the pre 2010 course. I would guess if you study everything to death you'll do fine.

It's a PADI test, so there will be some ambiguous and/or trick questions. Don't overthink it. Read the questions twice, answer them once. Even though it is not a timed exam. go through once answering the easy ones, then go back for the harder ones, and mark those you are unsure of, then on the third pass commit to the ones you've marked. Do not spend precious time and psychic energy agonizing over an early question you are unsure of!

... Don't overthink it...

Best advice ever.

Don't base your answer on what is not stated in the question. Don't "read" anything into a question.

I'll third that--have been "tricked" more than once.

What to expect on the PADI Divemaster Test?

I am studying for the test now and would just like to know what to expect when I take the written test. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Three obvious phases. (1) have you done your homework (2) can you extrapolate from your homework and (3) can you think laterally.

Actually, in main lines, these are the same three aspects that are tested in every quiz you've had since high-school.

R..

Study your materials and remember it's only basic rocket science.

I would concur. I just took it and there are a few ambiguous questions...but if you did all of the knowledge reviews you'll be fine. You are also allowed to use your Instructors Manual, just remember, PADI wants you to be a zealot, fighting for the very soul of he ocean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever you do, dont stress over it, its not a hard test.
Read and understand the material in your study books and you will ace it

It's a PADI test, so there will be some ambiguous and/or trick questions. Don't overthink it. Read the questions twice, answer them once.

I say it in OW, Rescue, Divemaster, AI, and OWSI, answer the question for how it is written. There are no "trick" questions, but there are some poorly worded ones. Some people will add "what-ifs" or "what about this" to the question and get the wrong answer.

In terms of preparation...

1. Did you read ALL of the material? Or did you read the knowledge review/quiz question and go find the answer that you needed?
2. Did you ask questions on material that you didn't understand?
3. Did you go back to OW, AOW, and Rescue materials to review those questions/lessons?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom