GLWC Spring M&G 2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoneCrusher

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Well, its time to start planning for 2016!

Spring M&G 2016

Where: Gilboa Quarry
When: May 13-15. (Fri, Sat, Sun)

Since Mothers Day is May 8th, I'm proposing we plan the spring M&G for May 13-15. Fingers crossed this will help with some warmer temps and nicer weather. I know we can't please everyone on a date, but I think this one works the best. From here we should be able to jump right on some boats and get our Great Lakes Wreck diving on!

Everyone is welcome! This is a great opportunity to find new dive buddies and make dive plans for the 2016 wreck diving season. For those new, the plan is to arrive anytime on Friday. Friday night we have a bon fire so bring campfire type food for that night. A lot of us camp at the quarry for the weekend, but some also stay at the hotels in Findlay, OH.

On Saturday is when the most activity starts. The group basically dives and eats all day. Finding a buddy to dive with is no problem as almost every few minutes someone is getting ready to dive. Around lunchtime we start a potluck. We all congregate at the end turn around that Mike reserves for the GLWC group. Typically the bonfire is still going from Friday night as well.

On Friday evening more people typically bring in potluck items and the feast and campfire stories begin. This is a do not miss time! :)

The campfire typically goes late into the night and we wake up Sunday to get in a few more dives. Generally the group starts rolling out midday Sunday wet, tired, and excited about the plans made for Great Lakes Shipwreck diving!

As things get closer we will start posting here who is bringing what and who is planning on going. Hope to see you there!

fe60616ceab24a2979a5928763515461.jpg

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

An event you don't want to miss!!

I will try to make it. I should be home from Florida by then.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

It's scheduled for the middle of May, I sure as heck hope you're home from Florida by then!!

I will be thinking of you guys when I am diving in bath water while on Blackbeards. Wish it wasn't on the same dates

Will plan for it!! Probably going to be in late Friday evening but will be there for the weekend!

I had a good time this past fall. I'm looking forward to going this spring! Diving Gilboa is noticeably more pleasant with an experienced group. And the camping worked well.

Hopefully I won't rip a drysuit seal this time: I've got some nice ones re-made by BoneCrusher now! :)

It seemed in the fall that a fair amount of diving was done on Friday afternoon. I took the afternoon off and got there mid-afternoon, but it seems that most people were already there! What time does the diving start on Friday?

Typically Friday diving stars about noon. I think Denny and a few others get there about 10am or so to set up camp. Our schedule really depends on how things are going at work. Our goal is always to get there before noon if possible.

Btw.... Glad you like the seals!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom