Ano Brand Canister Light - Any good

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oldbear

Teaching Neutral Diving
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have a friend who is interested in the canister light for $329.

Ano CL2300X Technical Diving Canister Light with Goodman Handle 2300LUMEN | eBay

The biggest thing I see is it is made in China. I personally have been batting .500 with Chinese lights. One brand marketed by a "very" reputable on-line vendor literally dissolved on the very first dive. The other brand marketed by another "very" reputable on-line vendor was so good I bought three lights from them (two for my back-ups and one for my GF).

This will be his first canister light...I already suggested going with Dive Rite, Light Monkey or Halcyon (love my Blue H).

Anyways if anyone has tried this light I would appreciate your opinion.

Thanks,

~Oldbear~

I can't say anything about the light, but with most things of this nature, open what you can, do a quick maintenance check (clean o-ring grooves, replace/lube o-rings, etc). Look for any issues and fix them (or send it back).

BRad

I am not a fan of multi-led designs because you lose throw distance with them compared to single emitter designs. the ANO lights look to be decently built though. roughly same level as the brinyte lights which seem to work fine for most. The lumen rating is reasonable if you are speccing the 3 leds to run at 2A current with U3 binning. The runtime probably is closer to 5 hours though at that lumen rating.

Would be interested in comparing my 18w dive rite against one of these.

I am not a fan of multi-led designs because you lose throw distance with them compared to single emitter designs.

Are there any single LED lights that put out lumens in the 1800 - 2300 range?

We were thinking of carrying the line. Brighter than the line we presently carried, better price point, ordered 6 to see how they held up. 100% failure rate. Bad run at factory, 6 more finally sent to replace. 90% failure rate on second batch. All kinds of excuses, still waiting for rep. to pick up second batch for replacement. All looked good on paper, salesman did a good job getting us on board. We were going to talk to them at DEMA, by Fri. the booth was a ghost town. Doesn't give me the warm and fuzzy about the product.

XHP50/XHP70 are rated for 2500 lumen/4000 lumen from cree. technically an array on a single emitter die.

should start seeing dive lights offering those emitters soon if not already.

We were thinking of carrying the line. Brighter than the line we presently carried, better price point, ordered 6 to see how they held up. 100% failure rate. Bad run at factory, 6 more finally sent to replace. 90% failure rate on second batch. All kinds of excuses, still waiting for rep. to pick up second batch for replacement. All looked good on paper, salesman did a good job getting us on board. We were going to talk to them at DEMA, by Fri. the booth was a ghost town. Doesn't give me the warm and fuzzy about the product.

I was thinking of getting one...do you know what caused them to fail and did they all fail the same way?

I have Brynite DIV10 canister light from China. I am very pleased with it. good price, good quality built, and it is very bright.

I have Brynite DIV10 canister light from China. I am very pleased with it. good price, good quality built, and it is very bright.

Hopefully you will be lucky enough to say the say after 100 dives with it.

I think my student is going to try the ANO light; I hope it is better then the crappy one I got from Leisure Pro.

I know they are pricey but since "my" Chinese light experience I put my money down on a Halcyon Flare and have not regretted it since...loving it.

Back
Top Bottom