Water temps in Komodo right now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Unless this volcano conspires against us for a second time, we will be doing a 7 day live-aboard from Bali -Komodo- Maumere on 28th Nov.
Is anyone diving up there now? I'm trying to decide which wetsuit to take with me and would love to know the temps in both north and south.
Thanks

I have a friend there now who says the North is 28-ish. But it's second hand info, for whatever it's worth ...

Reactions: Heg
Bali to Maumere is a wide area... Temperatures can range from 22(sometimes lower) in South Komodo to 28 in the North. If you are going south...its colder there. It was 14 in Alor last week.

Reactions: Heg
I was diving from Mermaid II from Nov. 14-21 at Komodo. We got into some cooler water coming up from the deep during the tides at 78-79F or 26 celcius. I wished I had bought a new 5mm before the trip and a better hood. Other dives were about 82 F. I run colder than most and take a 5mm with me to the Philippines as well but I also do 3-4 dive days during my stays.

I was there Nov 14th-28th and the north was about 28 while the south got cold, especially the sites in Horseshoe Bay...about 22/23. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom