What are the Nicest Lodging Choices Set up for Convenient, Good Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive Cozumel twice a year and will be going back in January, I love that place! I have stayed at Scuba Club Cozumel and like the dive shop and the food but they only do 2 dives a day and its a long boat ride south to Palancar. I now stay at Iberostar which is all inclusive but the food is mediocre. The dive shop is nice but the guides are not mexican and there are new guides frequently so they may not be as knowledgable as I would like. So now I dive with a local mexican guy who knows those dive sites like the back of his hand and he is such an enthusiastic diver that I dive with him exclusively now.

"High End" Coz Palace numerous dive op's will pick you up there, Liquid Blue is a great choice. El Presidente and Scuba-Du is always an excellent choice for High Rollers.

I like to circle back when I request assistance and finally take the trip. Due to several factors, we ended up going to Bonaire in December 2014 when I originally posted this thread based on expectations of going to Coz. However, we recently returned from a great week of diving in Coz and we took the advice of many divers and stayed AI at the Palace. The place was perfect for what we needed. The focus of the trip was diving every day so we never left the resort. We will definitely return to Cozumel and will either stay at the Palace, the Presidente or Secrets.

Very subjective but I would say the food at the Palace was between fair and good. Not excellent but for the price, I felt like we got good value at the resort. We dove with Living Underwater. Great operation, true valet diving and only 4-6 divers total on the boat every day. Steel tanks provided a LOT of bottom time. Thank you to all who provided advice and if I can be of assistance, PM me.

You might try El Cantil Condos right next to the Cozumel Palace. Pier pickup right out back and walking distance to two groceries and many good restaurants. This condo belongs to a friend of mine and is very nice with both bedrooms having direct waterfront views.

Casa de Sol y Luna

Check out Tres Pelicans dive center. We just dove with them and they were great. Fast , covered boats and great dive masters. If you want to try out a great restaurant while downtown, eat at Le Chef. It is now officially my favorite restaurant in Cozumel downtown area. We have done the AI route several times but this last time we stayed downtown and ate out every night and we will stick with this option from now on. We also tried flying into Cancun. It went well, but if you do the ferry option then you run the risk of the port being closed. We have flown in both ways now, and we much prefer flying directly into Cozumel! Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom