Liquivision OMNIX Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If and when Trimix firmware is available, this will be my next dive computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We haven't set an exact date for it to be launched on our website, but it will likely be in early January.

---------- Post added November 17th, 2015 at 03:00 PM ----------

If and when Trimix firmware is available, this will be my next dive computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trimix will be available with a software update that will be available shortly after the Omnix's initial launch.

Is there a way to get notified when released?

We have made improvements to both the screen and clock. The new display is transflective-LCD instead of OLED, so we don't foresee any issues with dimming.

Can I trade my new in the box replacement KAON for one of these? Yes the screen died on my original KAON as well.

As a owner of 2 lynx units i really hope you fixed the battery life problem that the lynx has and use batteries that are readily available. I've spent a fortune on batteries and the rechargeable have to be changed out on the wrist computer even three days. That's wayyyyy to much in my opinion. I actually stopped using the transmitter because of the battery issues. Weird thing happened though. I had some cheap batteries for another electronic divice I had. Same size. 0.1 volt stonger and lasted 1 week and 18 dives with juice to spare. Maybe you guys should stop soaking us on battery costs? Just a suggestion.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

We haven't set an exact date for it to be launched on our website, but it will likely be in early January.

---------- Post added November 17th, 2015 at 03:00 PM ----------

Trimix will be available with a software update that will be available shortly after the Omnix's initial launch.

Instead of adding Trimix later because the marketing department wants to launch the new product as soon as possible. Why don't you just wait till all of the functions are working and tested before doing so? This will save the hassle of customers having to upgrade the computer after launch.

Why follow in Suunto's footsteps (with their premature launch of their EON DC) and jeopardise your already shaky reputation with regards to reliability (e.g. screens fading, battery issues) by pushing out a new device before all aspects of the device are tested and ready for launch.

Will it be able to add the ascending and the stops air consumption to the remaining air calculations?

Instead of adding Trimix later because the marketing department wants to launch the new product as soon as possible. Why don't you just wait till all of the functions are working and tested before doing so? This will save the hassle of customers having to upgrade the computer after launch.

Up to this point in the computer industry time to market has always beaten the quality hands down. Examples include the Internet and IBM PC. Why on Earth would you think Liquivision will succeed where OSI and M68K failed?

Is the % of projected trimix users sufficient to justify delaying release to the broader user base?

Will it be able to add the ascending and the stops air consumption to the remaining air calculations?

Hello, thank you for your question. The unit will be able to display deco stops while ascending and remaining air, similar to our current models of computers.

---------- Post added December 29th, 2015 at 01:53 PM ----------

Is the % of projected trimix users sufficient to justify delaying release to the broader user base?

Thanks for your question drrich2. We feel that the majority of the users of air-integrated computers do not prefer to use the technical/trimix abilities of a dive computer. However, there are enough asking for such features that we believe it is something that we would like to make available. Since the technical features are strictly software based, it is something that we can fully test and release at a later date.

Back
Top Bottom