Help with Bare Trekboots Please.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jiveturkey

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just bought a pair of Trekboots size XL (bare sizing, I acutally take a size 10 shoe). Now I need new fins because my old ones don't fit.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with size XL Trekboots and either Scubapro Jet Fins, IDI Powerfins or Xs Turtle Fins? What size fin should I buy? I'm looking at buying through Ebay so I can't try them on.

jiveturkey:
I just bought a pair of Trekboots size XL (bare sizing, I acutally take a size 10 shoe). Now I need new fins because my old ones don't fit.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with size XL Trekboots and either Scubapro Jet Fins, IDI Powerfins or Xs Turtle Fins? What size fin should I buy? I'm looking at buying through Ebay so I can't try them on.
My experience with a size XXL boots is that they would fit turtles, XXL jet fins, and Apollo LL bio fins. Im sure there are more out there but those are the ones i have owned and tried.

jiveturkey:

They fit very well into Turtle fin's (Its what I use). I haven't tried them with the new XXXXXXXXXL Jets, but (my guess) is that the turtles would be a better fit.

lal7176:
My experience with a size XXL boots is that they would fit turtles, XXL jet fins, and Apollo LL bio fins. Im sure there are more out there but those are the ones i have owned and tried.
So does that mean I should get XL size Jet fins for my XL size trekboots?

jiveturkey:
So does that mean I should get XL size Jet fins for my XL size trekboots?

Get the proper size boot for your foot. I was just pointing out what fit for use with my XXL trek boots at the time. I would say go with the turtles or XXL jet fins.

lal7176:
Get the proper size boot for your foot. I was just pointing out what fit for use with my XXL trek boots at the time. I would say go with the turtles or XXL jet fins.
Initially, when I purchased my trekboots, I grinded down the sides to help them fit better with my fins. This was a very frustrating and tedious process. Unmodified, the trekboots did fit in the XXL Jetfins footpocket. But that’s not that surprising as I was also able to wedge in a small house. Finally, in haste, I purchased a set of the DUI Rockboots which are much better.

Adam

AdamHorsman:
Initially, when I purchased my trekboots, I grinded down the sides to help them fit better with my fins. This was a very frustrating and tedious process. Unmodified, the trekboots did fit in the XXL Jetfins footpocket. But that’s not that surprising as I was also able to wedge in a small house. Finally, in haste, I purchased a set of the DUI Rockboots which are much better.

Adam
You kind of said two things there. Do you mean your trekboots fit easily into Size XXL Scubapro jetfins? What size are your trekboots?

jiveturkey:
You kind of said two things there. Do you mean your trekboots fit easily into Size XXL Scubapro jetfins? What size are your trekboots?
I purchased the size 12 trekboots, and without modification they did fit in the XXL Jetfin pocket. The Jetfin is not what I prefer to dive with (I use the Twin jets) so I began to the boots to fit. (shaving the sides down) Eventually, I just went back to my trusty DUI Rockboots. (I enjoyed them with my CF200) Without modification they fit great in my twin jets.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom