11/28/2015 - Blue Heron Bridge Turkey Dive and Party!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sheese! Such skeptics!

Actually with enough pressure Zieg will actually make a couple of pies... Then I'll meet him at his truck, and carry the pies to the table and pavilion. Of course, I'll take credit for making them.
:superman:

The list so far
Attendees and Items:
(But please don't limit yourself. It's time to crack into grandpa's secret stash... uh, grandma's secret family recipes!)

Turkey and cooker (CoolTech & KBeck)
Carry somebody else's crap from the car (but not too much) and claim that it is his contribution! Oh, and... Left over Halloween candy that kids from the past three years have rejected.(MB - Local Dive Sherpa)
Bunch of different pies, pumpkin, dutch apple, and maybe another one full of calories
(butterfb)
Veggie or bean casserole (seeker242)
Stuffing (DennisS)
Waaay good Pad Thai!! (diveDiva & jimw)

Hydrating substances and a few utensils (Ana)
Something for lunch (DennisW & DonnaW)

Working that day (Zieg)

Lurking (LetterBoy and Scuba_Jenny)

Check your calendars and make your plans!

In the past we have had more than 100 show up for the event. It is fun for the entire family and a great way to meet people you have spoken with, but never met!

Am hoping to make it, but have out of country guest in town, (yes a diver, but probably not diving) and will see how our plans shape up. High tide being 9:50 am, IF we go, I plan on being there very early, and will probably being something sweet.. a pie or something similar.

Is anybody gonna grab a picnic table or few?

Am hoping to make it, but have out of country guest in town, (yes a diver, but probably not diving) and will see how our plans shape up. High tide being 9:50 am, IF we go, I plan on being there very early, and will probably being something sweet.. a pie or something similar.

Is anybody gonna grab a picnic table or few?
That's great Jenny!
Yes, I will be there very early myself in an attempt to get the pavilion nearest the bathroom

Weather forecast is:
81 F
Mostly sunny
Humidity 64%
Winds ENE 12 mph

DiveDiva and jimw here--just a little correction, we will bring something, maybe a pie, maybe some brownies, maybe a caserole--who knows, but likely not Pad Thai. A vegetarian friend who lived in Thailand might bring Pad Thai and I, for 1, am really lookin' forward to tryin' her waaygood Pad Thai! Here's hoping she can make it!!

The List
Going into the final week:

Attendees and Items:
(But please don't limit yourself. It's time to crack into grandpa's secret stash... uh, grandma's secret family recipes!)

• Turkey and cooker (CoolTech & KBeck)
  • Carry somebody else's crap from the car (but not too much) and claim that it is his contribution! Oh, and... Left over Halloween candy that kids from the past three years have rejected.(MB - Local Dive Sherpa)
  • Veggie or bean casserole (seeker242)
  • Stuffing (DennisS)
  • Maybe a pie, maybe some brownies, maybe a caserole--who knows (diveDiva & jimw)
  • Hydrating substances and a few utensils (Ana)
  • (DennisW & DonnaW)
  • IF we go, I plan on being there very early, and will probably being something sweet... a pie or something similar (Scuba_Jenny)

Working that day (Zieg)

Lurking (LetterBoy)

Check your calendars and make your plans! Tell your friend(s) to be there.

This isn’t just for divers; it’s a get together to have some fun!

In the past we have had more than 100 people show for the event. It is fun for the entire family and a great way to meet people you have spoken with, but never met!

NOTE: The cooker that will be there does much more than a turkey fryer. If you know others who don’t want turkey, I will have the grill top to cook other things, or roast. The key is to let me know what you will bring that will need to be cooked.

Examples: Burgers, hot dogs, whatever type of meat you want to served during the event, sausages, whole chicken… The cooking media I will be bringing will do it all (If you say ribs, expect a 5 hour turn around for pull off the bone). Most meat is cooked faster than normal and very juicy!

I think I am going to be over on your coast, I may not be diving due to sinus surgery but I will try to swing by and meet everyone. I will bring a pie from somewhere (cheating from the store, a better option than my cooking) and a somewhat anti social buddy :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom