US State Department Eliminates Passport Page Inserts Jan 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is this to prevent you from visiting Israel and Muslim Countries on the same passport?

You used to be able to get two inserts at once, for the price of one. So if you do it, ask for double inserts and see if they will do that. Also if you are abroad, you can usually get this done quick at an embassy or consulate, like less than a day. I haven't done it for a few years though, so buyer beware on my comments.

If you have to go between the above countries, it's also less known you can get a second passport. I had a second small one, with a different number, used just for Israel work trips. Only valid for a year though, not 10.

Then the government needs to start making passports with more pages in them. I expect a passport to e good for the full 10 years, not just until I fill up the existing pages.

This has nothing to do with the 'loose pages' that some countries will offer for immigration stamps (ie. TRNC, Cuba, etc). Those may be given upon entrance to another country, for the convenience of avoiding permanent stamps.

If you're getting a new passport you can get the larger book in advance, at the same price (see the original article, which gives the same information).

If you're overseas and your passport is very close to full, the local US Embassy may extend your passport if needed. I say may as I'm not speaking for the US govt, and my understanding & personal experience was that they only liked to do that for expats, not for tourists. Note that getting the additional pages sewn in, while official, also seems to correspond to additional hassles at passport control (US & other). If your passport is close to expiring, getting a new one with 52 pages may be easier than getting additional pages inserted.

My understanding & personal experience was that they only liked to do that for expats, not for tourists.

Not my experience, but YMMV I guess.

Note that getting the additional pages sewn in, while official, also seems to correspond to additional hassles at passport control (US & other).

Again not my experience, and in all the travel groups I'm part of this has also not been an issue. But, seeing as it's ending, moot point for the most part anyway. :)

I am finding that I am getting fewer stamps in my passport. When I went to Europe last year, I didn't get a stamp. Last two times in Indonesia the VOA was not stickers into my passport. So, I'm hoping that the 52 pager will work for me.

I did get additional pages in Cape Town three or four years ago. It was a bit of a hassle, but easier than sending it in.

I just renewed and went for the 52-page option. It's no additional charge when you get it at the time of renewal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom