Sherwood Wisdom Altitude Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arkid

Registered
Reaction score
I have 2 first gen Wisdoms, bought new around 08. I had about 10 dives on my one and there were 3 on my girlfriends. I had to stop diving due to medical reasons soon after. The computers were stored cool & dry since then and recently I was cleared to dive again so I pulled out all my gear and noticed that my Wisdom was displaying "LEV2" at start up which is incorrect, it should be SEA. I have never been at altitude. I also don't know if it was like this originally prior to storing back in 08.
I dove anyway on our vacation with the computer like this, the depth gauge worked in sync with the other Wisdom so no problems there. The only difference I could tell was significantly less dive time.
I tried soaking and cleaning, resetting & new batteries but my computer is stuck on "LEV2".
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Since starting this thread a couple weeks ago I haven't made anymore dives but now the computer is stuck on "LEV3". I guess nobody from Sherwood checks this forum??

I too am having the same problem. My wife's Wisdom 1 show SEA and mine shows LEVEL2. I have sent a message to Sherwood and am hoping for a quick solution to the problem. I always suspected that my dive time was not reading properly. Now I know it is not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom