Victoria Vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not very good at 10-Mile Pt. today. On my first dive at about noon, visibility was an ok 20'. On a second dive at around 1:30, I could barely see 6'. Down on the wall, it improved slightly to about 15', but it was dark.

---------- Post added November 13th, 2015 at 06:21 PM ----------

By the way, I just read that Victoria has issued a swimming warning for the area between Esquimalt and 10-Mile Point due to sewer overflows because of the rain. This warning is supposed to last until Sunday. The current had changed to a flood before my second dive so the bad visibility was probably all this freshwater runoff overflowing out of the Greater Victoria sewage system along the coast.

50 plus at Tyee today. Even better as you got deeper. Didn't even have to use the compass :D

Divegoose

At McKenzie Bight today, it was milky and hazy from the surface to 20' deep. The visibility was only a few feet here. Below that, it cleared up nicely to maybe 50-60' visibility below 50' deep.

On Sunday the murky layer was only a few inches thick then clear at Mckenzie

Back
Top Bottom