Terrified.....airport closures due to volcano

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garuda also flies ex-SYD a few days a week, so that's another option if you want to avoid the LCC's.

Garuda also flies ex-SYD a few days a week, so that's another option if you want to avoid the LCC's.

Only biz class left at $5000 for two return. Can't quite justify this. :wink:
Looks like we ain't going to Komodo tomorrow. Trying to organise another trip but cant find a boat anywhere in this region with spaces. Fiji is an option but dont really want to do land based.... Anyone got any ideas?

Well, it's easy enough to get to Cairns, so there's always Spirit of Freedom or Mike Ball to dive the GBR and Osprey for a week? Not sure if you've already done that?

That aside, your best bet to figure out overseas liveaboard availability is to just ring Dive Adventures, Diversion Dive, or Allways Dive. They have up to date availability, and can sort things out pretty quickly if you want to leave asap.

Only biz class left at $5000 for two return. Can't quite justify this. :wink: Looks like we ain't going to Komodo tomorrow. Trying to organise another trip but cant find a boat anywhere in this region with spaces. Fiji is an option but dont really want to do land based.... Anyone got any ideas?
Check out Bilikiki in Solomons, might be all booked out but an excellent operation.

Check out Bilikiki in Solomons, might be all booked out but an excellent operation.
It was all booked.

So VA cancelled our flight with 12 hours notice. We missed our boat quite literally. However, Mermaid II came up with a space on Nov 28th for a week, so hopefully we are off to Komodo. Have booked with Garuda this time. Virgin can do one.

---------- Post added November 19th, 2015 at 02:15 PM ----------

Well, it's easy enough to get to Cairns, so there's always Spirit of Freedom or Mike Ball to dive the GBR and Osprey for a week? Not sure if you've already done that?
We have done SOF three times, but all full. Never mind . Fingers crossed for attempt two at Komodo

Anyone know how badly things are still delayed etc? I have a friend leaving from the USA to Bali in 6 days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

our flight has been cancelled by Qatar because they do no night flights at the moment. it's postponed to the afternoon next day. the flight will be from Denpasar to Doha

Anyone know how badly things are still delayed etc? I have a friend leaving from the USA to Bali in 6 days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Airport is open and even Virgin are flying, so it must be safe:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom